Arrsers self taken photo collection.

I could never get on with the smg. Couldn't hit a barn door with it. Too much going on for me. Ally as feck though and that's all that mattered.
Whilst that is indeed an SMG it is not the SMG. Even no-mark civvies like me know that!

Edited to add: Bolllox! Beaten to it!

Was that a super zoom camera you used to get that close?
Canon 400mil F5.6 L series. Wife got it for me for my birthday. Love it. Trouble is that my other lenses are just not good enough now. I have a 2x extender for it as well ,though its not a canon one. It's good but only works on manual focus. Didn't use the extender for those shots as the birds don't hang around long enough for pissing about with focusing. Good for moon shots though.

Canon 400mil F5.6 L series. Wife got it for me for my birthday. Love it. Trouble is that my other lenses are just not good enough now. I have a 2x extender for it as well ,though its not a canon one. It's good but only works on manual focus. Didn't use the extender for those shots as the birds don't hang around long enough for pissing about with focusing. Good for moon shots though.
Fantastic! Lovely pro quality lens.

Does too! :razz:

I guess photo's are like art; very subjective in their viewing. I see far more complex & interesting points in yours.
Both photos capture interesting skies but each is different. I like both. @Fallingup has illuminated clouds which have an impression of movement. You have rim lighting where the cloud appears dark by contrast. This highlights the ray effect from behind the cloud. Your landscape is interesting, as although the sky is the subject I then get to appreciate the hill, the land and trees. There is more to your photo than you think. :)

Working in Chicago this week and left a bar and bumped into this. The start of Route 66.

r66.jpg

One of my buds who works in Belgium for NATO sent me a few pics of Waterloo taken on June 18th. Not bad for a Rupert.

Waterloo 1.jpg
Waterloo 2.jpg
Waterloo 3.jpg
Waterloo 4.jpg

I ran out for some shopping this evening. Color me surprised to find this on the way out.

IMG_1341.JPG

IMG_2286.JPG

IMG_8196.JPG

As best as I can tell, I think it's a model A in damn-near original, unrestored state. It's probably 90 years old.

It would appear to be butterfly season around here:

DSC_7808a.jpg

DSC_7814a.jpg

Southdowns near Ovingdean:
IMG_0515.JPG

Spot the bee:
IMG_0513.JPG

Looking after a friends house near Whitby, while they are on holiday. Nice place to chill out. And excellent fish suppers to be had nearby.
Try the Magpie Cafe in Whitby.

As best I can recall over many years of reading his reviews in the ST it was the only place A A Gill ever gave a 5 star rating. He had to explain why as a chippy clearly was not the best restaurant ever. It only really aimed to do one thing, F+C, and it did it to perfection.

It does have a formal restaurant, with what looks like a cracking fishy menu, but it got the stars for its takeaway scoff.

Last edited: