Arrsers self taken photo collection.

From sports cars to buses!
Stevenage Old Town hosts a farmers market once a month and this old bus is available to carry people from the bus station to the market. It's a free trip for the passengers. I assume that the old boys who run the bus are subsidised by the council.

View attachment 332350
I wonder if they still allow smoking upstairs?

It's that time of year here where in the late afternoon/early evening sometimes spectacular cloud formations rise over the hills to the west, threatening storms. Then the wind off the Gulf of Thailand gets stronger and blows the weather back to Burma.

20180421_184631a.jpg

I wandered past this today, origionally it was a mews workshop, but Dowty are still in business and spawned the Gloster aircraft Co, when George Dowty loaned the money to start it

View attachment 332338 View attachment 332339
Not sure where you get that from, as the Gloucestershire Aircraft Company was formed in 1917 & changed its name to Gloster in 1926.
The company was started by Hugh Burroughes & H H Martyn & Co. ( the latter being architectural finishers & decorators in Cheltenham).
Gloster was bought by Hawker in 1934.

Latest offering from me, all taken near the Speech House, Forest of Dean.
FoD-270418-1.jpg
FoD-270418-2.jpg
FoD-270418-3.jpg
FoD-270418-4.jpg
FoD-270418-1-2.jpg

Last edited:
I didn't know Vietnam had a US Marine corp.
He's ex USMC and a Vietnam vet you ******* mong.
Stand away there you pedantic cunt you. Technically the sentence ( and I was thinking about spelling that with an 's' instead of a 'c' just to get your goat, but I'm too kindhearted to stop it munching on your nether regions.) is grammatically and meaningwise correct. You did, for all your glory, fail to spot that I in fact wrote Vietman...my error. C'mon hit me, I'll take it ;)

Last edited:
Pleasant low level , sea level in parts , stroll yesterday ...

.... on part of a long long trail awinding but straight here ...
DSCF4220 WL.JPG

.... on the skyline at 450m to the right of the copse a pillbox ... and closer ...

DSCF4226 WL.JPG

... If an invasion had taken place here that pillbox would have been a pretty hot place to man .

DSCF4247 WL.JPG

.... never been in one of these in the North Sea before .

DSCF4257 WL.JPG

.... a seat with a fine view to Low Newton on one of the holes on the Golf Course .

Not sure where you get that from, as the Gloucestershire Aircraft Company was formed in 1917 & changed its name to Gloster in 1926.
The company was started by Hugh Burroughes & H H Martyn & Co. ( the latter being architectural finishers & decorators in Cheltenham).
Gloster was bought by Hawker in 1934.
Oops my mistake
my memory is not so good
I worked on the renovation of HH Martyns house, is has a secret tunnel
we were shown the book in which it was recorded the load to start gloster aircraft co