• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Arrsers self taken photo collection.

Attachments

Your focus is not sharp, you need to have more detail on the subject/s and you have over exposure
Shoot with the camera on intelligent auto, let camera set everything, the camera should take reasonable images
I was shooting though glass . And that's my excuse :)

Thanks to a mate's largesse I don't need to worry the next time I work in the Third World - or visit London - as I now own the round with my name on. :)

DSC_0085.JPG

There's no need for anyone to say, "Baldrick walt!"

Edited to add: amended for counter-pedantry.

Last edited:
Thanks to a mate's largesse I don't need to worry the next time I work in the Third World - or visit London - as I now own the bullet with my name on. :)

View attachment 331905

All well and good if you are the only person in the with your name. There's a lot of John Smiths in the world and bullets aren't too fussy about the right person, just the right name.

You had better start trying to round them all up before one of gets you by mistake.

It's not a particularly common name. I Google it now and again to make sure there's no surprises that might bite me on the arse down the road and.........oh, FFS: will you lot lighten up, dammit!

As Sir Terry Pratchette wrote...
It's not the bullet with my name on I'm worried about, it's all those flying about marked To Whom It May Concern that bother me.

NSP said:
Thanks to a mate's largesse I don't need to worry the next time I work in the Third World - or visit London - as I now own the bullet with my name on. :)

View attachment 331905

That's OK. It really is no problem. ;-)

Baldrick walt. :-D

View attachment 331905

Sorry,
the name is on the cartridge case, not the bullet.
If you get hit by the cartridge case it smarts.
The bullet is a bit more terminal.