Arrsers self taken photo collection.

seaweed

LE
Book Reviewer
Evelyn Waugh recorded that during his RM training he was taught that cats and rabbits have different numbers of ribs.

I learned how to skin and gut a rabbit during the war, watching my great-grandmother doing it.

Evelyn Waugh recorded that during his RM training he was taught that cats and rabbits have different numbers of ribs.

I learned how to skin and gut a rabbit during the war, watching my great-grandmother doing it.
Taught both my boys how to gut and skin rabbits before they were 10, it's a life skill afaic.

Is it not the case that were you to solely eat rabbit-then you'd die of malnutrition because its"got nowt in it'?
Happy to be corrected.

My daughter is keeping a pair of chickens in addition to her existing menagerie. Fine pair of birds, but no eggs as yet.

20180401_144416-1-1.jpg

Is it not the case that were you to solely eat rabbit-then you'd die of malnutrition because its"got nowt in it'?
Happy to be corrected.
Rabbit starvation: Man cannot live by rabbits alone - the meat is too lean. Add fats and a few carbs to the proteins in lapin, and you can easily survive. Rabbit meat - lapin - is typically too lean. Humans need a certain amount of fat intake, certainly more than a wild (or domestic) rabbit provides.

Ah, but did you show them how to catch one with some barbed wire.
No, I'm not keen on traps as I think they are a bit barbaric, I have shown them how to catch them using nets and a ferret though.

seaweed

LE
Book Reviewer
Come to think of it I remember a master at school net and ferreting with an accomplice (presumably the owner of the ferrets), with a 12 bore for escapers. Nowadays for a schoolmaster to be brandishing and using a 12 bore with a crowd of interested 7-12 y o boys watching ...... !.

The one science lesson I remember from that school was the same man putting a 12 bore cartridge on his teaching desk, cutting it open, pouring out the powder and setting light to it.

The day I arrived the head's son, 12, was just setting off with his air rifle to try and pot something, rabbits I suspect.

The past is another country ..

Come to think of it I remember a master at school net and ferreting with an accomplice (presumably the owner of the ferrets), with a 12 bore for escapers. Nowadays for a schoolmaster to be brandishing and using a 12 bore with a crowd of interested 7-12 y o boys watching ...... !.

The one science lesson I remember from that school was the same man putting a 12 bore cartridge on his teaching desk, cutting it open, pouring out the powder and setting light to it.

The day I arrived the head's son, 12, was just setting off with his air rifle to try and pot something, rabbits I suspect.

The past is another country ..
Not all gone away - yet!
Meet the hunky headmaster who teaches kids to use a shotgun

I agree. It was barbaric. Something I was shown how to do in a different life. No need nowadays as there's so much food chucked into people's bins.
Once had to deal with the aftermath of a cow that got it's tongue caught in a wire snare, not a pretty sight and fucking painful.