• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Arrsers self taken photo collection.

I imagine the inbound health crisis causes a pheromone or enzyme or other secretion to be released that to the canine nose is a distress trigger, or somesuch.

In my opinion and that's looking after her since 1981, I put it down to behaviour on her part,
For example, about 4 days afore lily starts checking things, ( more than normal)
The next hint is a godsend she has an" aura" a feeling sometimes a face jaw twitch, that gives me 24 to 48 hours the next she has to goto the loo often, that puts it down to the day, these things can only be picked up by living with someone 24/7 as they would be missed in normal life,
However I don't know what a dog sees smells or even think, but we both trusted him since he went, lily, has has busted nose arms ribs jaw, teeth,black eyes, it takes a brave man to walk next to his wife with a black eye, we miss that dog
Animals have far more acute senses than humans. We used to keep bearded dragons. We had a pair of them, male and female. When it was my Mrs time of the month the female would be quite aggressive - wouldnt let her go near/handle her. If you know about beardies...proper "beard up" behavior. Next to their vivarium was my fishtank ousing one Figure Eight Pufferfish. The side of the vivarium was wood There was no line of sight between the two. The puffer would be swimming up and down on the side of the tank nearest the vivarium and...every now and again, the beardies would be following it with their heads...slowly raising and lowering their heads as fish went up and down. I saw this more times than I can remember.

As for my dad and his dog - my dad has one of those insulin pump things, and due to a combination of pig-headedness, pump malfunction and miscalculation, used to go into a diabetic low quite frequently - to the extent that we had a keypress fitted outside his house so we could phone someone to go and check on him if he sounded "funny" when phoning or..if no answer (we lived 230 miles away at the time. His then dog on more than one occasion let him know something was not right and he needed to eat / do whatever with his pump.

I imagine the inbound health crisis causes a pheromone or enzyme or other secretion to be released that to the canine nose is a distress trigger, or somesuch.
That's my take on it too - they have some sort of "smell" benchmark" and if it goes awry then they indicate.

That's my take on it too - they have some sort of "smell" benchmark" and if it goes awry then they indicate.
And that's the bit I find fascinating with my scientist hat on.

Winter blossom.jpg

image.jpeg

A Primat or Goliath wine bottle which I took into safe keeping for a friend who bought it in a drunken charity auction. A Primat is 27 litres or 36 normal bottles (see normal 750ml bottle for comparison.)

View attachment 331468
A Primat or Goliath wine bottle which I took into safe keeping for a friend who bought it in a drunken charity auction. A Primat is 27 litres or 36 normal bottles (see normal 750ml bottle for comparison.)
Is it full? :?

Taken by my daughter
IMG-20180419-WA0000.jpg

Kermit enjoying the sun.