Arrsers self-colourised photo collection

NSP

LE
Cos I are an absolute troglodyte in these areas, Is that done on the Paint facility. On my Laptop I'm asked what I want to open any picture in.
Paint? Wot?! - MS Paint...?! 'Ave a word with yourself!!

PhotoShop, old son, PhotoShop. PhotoShop CS6 in my case.

NSP

LE
@supermatelot 's Mossie and groundcrew, post-research. Found the noseart online and a bit of history. Seems the prop-jockey was RAAF even though the aircraft was assigned to an RCAF squadron:-

View attachment 455750

Seems there should be a maple leaf on the boarding door and an F on the nose under the 0.303's. Maybe they came later for a different, Canadian, pilot...?
Nice one! You’ve really thrown yourself into this:)

NSP

LE

Tool

LE
@supermatelot 's Mossie and groundcrew, post-research. Found the noseart online and a bit of history. Seems the prop-jockey was RAAF even though the aircraft was assigned to an RCAF squadron:-

Seems there should be a maple leaf on the boarding door and an F on the nose under the 0.303's. Maybe they came later for a different, Canadian, pilot...?
Nicely done, but I'm not sure about the amount of blue in the cockpit.
I agree with the comments on "Mammy Yokum".

NSP

LE
Nicely done, but I'm not sure about the amount of blue in the cockpit.
I agree with the comments on "Mammy Yokum".
01071203b_colour.jpg

NSP

LE
Theis looks more natural to me, but they're your interpretation of how you want them. Either way, cracking job.
Can't say I've ever stared up at the sky through a vintage cockpit canopy before so...

NSP

LE
Fairy snuff. Like I said, it's your project and your images.
It's the ArRSers Self-Colourised thread. Other budding PhotoShoppists may contribute...

I'm just doing all the legwork so far because I got pinged in the two posts on the Self-Taken thread I linked back at the start.

This is the basic technique I use:-

However, I've just realised that I left these ones as RGB instead of switching to CMYK, which might explain the difficulty in overcoming the shade cast through the mask layers.

Tool

LE
It's the ArRSers Self-Colourised thread. Other budding PhotoShoppists may contribute...

I'm just doing all the legwork so far because I got pinged in the two posts on the Self-Taken thread I linked back at the start.

This is the basic technique I use:-

However, I've just realised that I left these ones as RGB instead of switching to CMYK, which might explain the difficulty in overcoming the shade cast through the mask layers.
I guess you also have some spare time on your hands? I've found it very time-consuming, and have left old images in mono for that reason.
I've never heard of converting to CMYK - I'll give it a try when I have a bit of time.

I see another Daily Mail story next week. Copywright everything now

This image was apparently taken on the Falls around Divis Flats in 1978. If anyone is on here who served in NI at that time and recognises the scenery then hopefully they'll feed in some detail and I can get it right. If I'm going to do this to this sort of image then I'd like to get it as "real" as I can, if for no other reason than as a mark of respect for those that went to these places and didn't come back, or left part of themselves there - mentally as well as physically.

On that basis, no need to worry about criticism. It's nothing of the sort; it's feedback. I was five in 1978 and wasn't there! Most on here know that the closest I've got to a uniform is being a Spacey in my teens so...

Edited to add: I did look on Google Streetview to see if I could see the scene and get some guide colours from that (appreciating that it would have been updated and redecorated a few times since) but couldn't spot anything that looked remotely like it.
I'm sure you could start a little earner on here, with a donation to Arrse H4H

NSP

LE
I guess you also have some spare time on your hands?
Given what the Cloggie PM said yesterday, it seems so.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
mercurydancer COVID-19 396
A The NAAFI Bar 179
Monty417 The NAAFI Bar 65595

Latest Threads