Arrsers self-colourised photo collection

I know they’ve been on for six months, last of the year this week. I’m booked in!
I’m taking my Dads models in this week, their going on display in the bar Saturday, before going in their display cases.
I’ll see how I feel. All the same keep well. I think what’s been shown is brill.

NSP

LE
Remember this guy? The PhotoShop AI does skintones quite well so I cut n' pasted the AI face into my original manual effort, which was a bit flat and jaundiced-looking...

043BA849-Colorized.jpg

NSP

LE
@anglo 's rele' done again with the AI. Not bad - lost the blue a bit at the bottom of the tunic.

restore 0019_AIcolourized.jpg

A bit less flat than the hand version.
Does that explain the 'athletic' hair styling? It certainly points up the contribution of Brylcreem to those artful top curls (reminiscent, if I may say so, of Hokusai's The Great Wave at Kanagawa)

hokusai.jpg

NSP

LE
Let the AI have a go at another earlier manual job. Had to duplicate it into layers and then mask out specific bits before running the AI on the layer to get anywhere near close. The skin and uniform seem to have come up better, though, I clone stamped detail like the badges and the camera (which took the wood of the box to be the colour for the camera too).

Original:-

AvroAnson1944.jpg

Manual colour:-

AvroAnson1944_colourised.jpg

AI colour:-

AvroAnson1944_AIcolourised.jpg