Arrsers self-colourised photo collection

NSP

LE
Cheers mate! That's fecking excellent.

My mums gonna be well chuffed!!
Bit more work on it. The two old boys in the middle - are those maybe regimental ties? If so, which? - I'll set the correct colours. Ditto any other details you can glean - eye colours and the like. I've assumed the wallpaper is the typical nicotine-stained yellow but what if it was new and still in pristine magnolia...?!!

3_colourised.jpg

Bit more work on it. The two old boys in the middle - are those maybe regimental ties? If so, which? - I'll set the correct colours. Ditto any other details you can glean - eye colours and the like. I've assumed the wallpaper is the typical nicotine-stained yellow but what if it was new and still in pristine magnolia...?!!

View attachment 476894
Second right (edited) is my great grandad. Was East Lancs regiment. Lost his leg in France

This I once posted is about Him

Last edited:
I'm guessing that's a "no" on the tie, then:-

I think he was E Lancs... I’ll check his medal card
I was wrong...he’s the one second from right

View attachment 476894
The old boy second from the left, could have been my Dads Father
(WW1 7th Northants). Tall slim always smartly dressed, even working his allotment. Even down to the scarf and Fob watch in the waist coat.

entwistle entwistle discharge.jpg

Anyone identify the regt?? Lancs Fusiliers??

I've spun the dit on here before: He was actually called "Entwistle Entwistle". When he signed up they said "Your not being bloody called that- yiou're called William now". Other army docs family have refer to him as William Entwistle. Looks like they gave him is old name back upon discharge!
He was known locally as "Cock" Entwistle- "Cock" being local slang for someone who's a bit of a hardcase. This was on account of him having a false leg after leaving his behind in a trench. He would climb to top diving board at local open air baths-take off his false leg and throw it in...then dive in after it.

I'm told by my mum he was one of the most gentle men you could ever hope to meet.

.jpg

Last edited:
The old boy second from the left, could have been my Dads Father
(WW1 7th Northants). Tall slim always smartly dressed, even working his allotment. Even down to the scarf and Fob watch in the waist coat.
That was my great uncle Billy. The photo was taken in the Then Park Hotel pub in Bacup, Lancs. It was owned by my great grandparents. It's no longer there-burned down I think.

View attachment 477047

Anyone identify the regt?? Lancs Fusiliers??

I've spun the dit on here before: He was actually called "Entwistle Entwistle". When he signed up they said "Your not being bloody called that- yiou're called William now". Other army docs family have refer to him as William Entwistle. Looks like they gave him is old name back upon discharge!
He was known locally as "Cock" Entwistle- "Cock" being local slang for someone who's a bit of a hardcase. This was on account of him having a false leg after leaving his behind in a trench. He would climb to top diving board at local open air baths-take off his false leg and throw it in...then dive in after it.

I'm told by my mum he was one of the most gentle men you could ever hope to meet.
He’s got two Regt Numbers, I wonder if he was in another unit before, my Grandfather had two. Before the 7 Northants, he was patrolling Clacton sea front on a push bike, with 1st Battalion Essex Regt.
My 0A, worked in a Drs Surgery so is used to shit writing and she thinks Lanc Fus.

NSP

LE
I've got a few days with sod all to do so I might try and get all the requests done. Got another of @supermatelot 's blocked out last night. Just need to detail it now...
1.jpg

1_colourised.jpg

Why do I get the feeling this was posed in front of a studio backdrop....?

Meanwhile, made a start on this but not having internet in my cabin makes it a pain to look up RGB codes, reference images. I can get it when they let us out to get food so I spent my mess time with my head in my phone this morning, saving pages...!! Bloody virus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7y5j626ngaa11_colourised.jpg

Spot the live rounds!!!

NSP

LE
First draft of the last of @Gun_Brickie 's Mossies...

06.JPG

06_colourised.jpg

^ This is actually the other side of "Hairless Joe..."

07.JPG

07_colourised.jpg

Last edited:

NSP

LE
Think I'm going to leave this all a bit LS Lowry. Seems to work...

7y5j626ngaa11_colourised.jpg

I've got a few days with sod all to do so I might try and get all the requests done. Got another of @supermatelot 's blocked out last night. Just need to detail it now...
View attachment 477790

View attachment 477791

Why do I get the feeling this was posed in front of a studio backdrop....?

Meanwhile, made a start on this but not having internet in my cabin makes it a pain to look up RGB codes, reference images. I can get it when they let us out to get food so I spent my mess time with my head in my phone this morning, saving pages...!! Bloody virus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

View attachment 477793

Spot the live rounds!!!
If you go to the Tank Museums web site, they just resprayed their JagPanther in those very colours your doing that Panther turret in.

NSP

LE
Lifted off another thread and given the five minute quickie treatment:-

102670731_10158432068519704_8503233379980804096_o.jpg

102670731_10158432068519704_8503233379980804096_colourised.jpg

Can't remember the thread, though - on which the actual pattern is discussed and settled, so took a Google-inspired guess. Also, I'm off my tits.

Latest Threads