Arrsers in Central Europe?

I've been living in Prague for the past couple of years and, much as I like it, I do kind of miss the army. The nearest RBL branch is in Berlin, which isn't ideal both in terms of distance and cost. So I'm wondering whether there are a few others in the same general area who would like to meet up sometime, perhaps with a view to making it something that we do every couple of months?

I'm sure there must be a few of us in Prague/Brno/Krakow/Munich/Budapest/Vienna :). If so, please respond. If not, I'll just resign myself to buying massively overpriced pickled onions and tomato soup in Marks & Spencer and console myself with the thought that, as lonely as it might be as an immigrant here, at least it is isn't Catterick... :)

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
I've been living in Prague for the past couple of years and, much as I like it, I do kind of miss the army. The nearest RBL branch is in Berlin, which isn't ideal both in terms of distance and cost. I'm wondering whether there are a few others in the same general area and would like to meet up sometime?

I'm sure there must be a few of us in Prague/Brno/Krakow/Munich/Budapest/Vienna :). If so, please respond. If not, I'll just resign myself to buying massively overpriced pickled onions and tomato soup in Marks & Spencer and console myself with the thought that, as lonely as it might be as an immigrant here, at least it is isn't Catterick... :)
An RBL in Berlin. Has it got a bar?

Get yourself down to the airfield at Pribram, they have a bar for evening entertainment. I went there jumping a few times and you would be amazed at the mix of serving and retired soldiers from across europe who sometimes turn up. People I met there include the bloke who runs the skydive school who is a former Czech SF Lt. Col., he will happily spend half an hour* teaching you how to do static jumps from an AN-6 so you get the CZ basic wing. I have met various Slovak, CZ, French, German, Swiss and American personnel there - I jumped with the septics and they presented me with a wing and sent me their certificate.

Note: * True, I did his course to get the CZ certificate and sheriff's badge style wing, cost about E120.00. He had a mixed class of skydivers who had never done static line and people who had never, ever lobbed. The classroom took about half an hour, followed by around half an hour of emergency drill's hanging from a harness in the hanger.

Good crack, go down and have a look.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Bubbles_Barker Weapons, Equipment & Rations 30
sunny james Travel 3
Awol The NAAFI Bar 26

Latest Threads