Arrsers get in the Guardian today (again)

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Sir_Sidney_Ruff_Diamond, Feb 14, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Wellyhead, Juvenal. Vonshot, Xenophon, W.Anchor, Old Snowy, dundrillin, klepto and fanboy.

Very well done in making the front page of the Guardian today!

2. thank you, such prompt service too!!
    love the way that theyve actually printed W.Anchor! :lol: :lol:

3. Sorry took me a minute to find it

4. :lol: :lol:

Love they way they cherry-picked on the quotes! :roll:

5. And a point to bear in mind for all those who question the Moderators. You are being watched.

6. Actually it could have been a lot worse. I thought they took a pretty balanced spread of opinion. I am glad they included comments about squadies have to deal with a continuos flow of violence in their direction.

7. So who is the hack logging onto ARRSE ??? I wonder if he / she / it read the thread on the muslim cartoons from Denmark. Would have filled the whole paper with some of the choice (and outstanding) coments

8. Thankfully some of our more vociferous and right-wing, former members didn't contribute to the thread :wink:

9. Can a Moderator please approach the Grauniad and ask for a donation to this site? About 500 quid should do the trick (per quote!).

10. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

ARRSE must be swimming with journos, I reckon Foxy works for the Daily Sport!

11. Minty McGinty is Guardian journalist Audrey Gillan.

However she has made this perfectly clear on the occasions that she has logged on to the site asking for info etc what otehr jurno/paper can say this?

IMHO further evidence that the Guardian regardless of longstanding Arrse prejudice is a worthy paper.

Where the Telegraph (prop the Barclay brothers who live on their own private frikking island FFS!) are content to be the mouthpiece of Whitehall sources in their supposed role of supporter of the forces and the Times prints garbage see other thread and is owned by News International (competition find any criticism of China ever - you won't it is very well self censored long before Google ever thought of it)

The Guardian our more right wing members might not agree with it but they are always quick to print corrections daily and via Minty there has been more in depth pieces on soldiers than the rest of the 'quality' but together.

12. "The hack"? Only one? They are legion.

What's the NUT rate for copy per word? Who owns the copyright to stuff posted on here?