Arrsers dream job - apply now

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by FORMER_FYRDMAN, Dec 2, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. FORMER_FYRDMAN

FORMER_FYRDMAN LE Book Reviewer

2. msr

msr LE

Is your nickname trigger?

3. Flash!

Bang!

4. It closed last Friday.I'm expecting the call for my interview any day now.

5. FORMER_FYRDMAN

No more than yours is Mr Original.

Edited twice to add - the point of the topic is to discuss the best use of research funding, the example is merely a vehicle to do so. Apologies if this confused you, but the clue was in the question posed "is this truly a good use of academic effort to support the knowledge economy in these cash-strapped times?"

6. Nah more like: Flash...........

Pffffff.........fizzle.

7. How about the unprecedented numbers of students, many doing totally useless degrees and wasting even more money than one lapdance researcher? The student population in Leeds alone is about double the strength of the army.

8. Aye,but this is the thing,it is old news.Arrsers are on the cutting edge of news gathering,and this is soooo last week.

9. FORMER_FYRDMAN

Plus they're building up huge levels of personal debt before they've even started work. I'd like to see the system re-jigged to give fuller funding support for those studying useful subjects, particularly science, and let anyone who wants to watch slappers and speak Klingon do so on their own time and with their own money.