Arrser standing for election to westminster.

The consensus of opinion among many, but not all, is that the vast majority of currant MP's are not fit for purpose, in that they do not have the life experiences and mind-set to fully understand the real problems that beset these islands. The recent alleged sex scandals and impropriety with their expenses has fuelled the debate that older more worldly wise, ordinary working people, who have had experience outside the closed world of Oxbridge, the financial institutes, and the upper echelons of society, should stand for election at the next available opertunity.
Would any body out there in Arrser land have the balls and gumption to stand and represent their bit of Britain, and WHY?

Here's a currant MP, probably Irish parliament, though.

Stumpy4154

LE
Book Reviewer
Christ on a crutch! I thought that was the Flabbot for a moment there.

Ok, I got the spelling wrong, thanks for the piss take, its rather good though, now, how about some proper answers, and before you say it, I know its the NAAFI site, doesn't stop you Arssers giving it a go, remember, THEY will be monitoring these threads, never know, you could get a call from your local political selection office, or not.......

The guys on here are far too sensible to be political correct and serve the public, ( this comment may be a bit tongue in cheek )

I'd stand. No chance of me getting involved in sex scandals, not with a back as bad as mine. In any case, the average attractive, female intern could either out run me or give me a good kicking if I caught her.

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
There's an old saying (Google is not being my friend) along the lines of,

Any man who would want to stand for Parliament is unsuitable.

You'd have to be terminally naive to want that job.
If you can keep up that level of work load you'll make shed loads more in another industry and not have put up with endless crap from the media.

I feel my contribution to UK politics would probably be more along the lines of Catesby, Fawkes et al

Who the fuck can afford to live on an MP's salary, especially now all those sweet expenses scams are no more?

Who the fuck can afford to live on an MP's salary, especially now all those sweet expenses scams are no more?
MP's don't, they get everything paid for by us and put their salary into an offshore tax scam account and then borrow it back to buy private jets in another country and claiming the VAT you didn't pay back off the tax payer,

I gazed slightly too long at Luciana Berger's ample cleavage during an MP's surgery meeting a couple of years ago, in the current climate I pretty sure that rules me out.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
dingerr The NAAFI Bar 9
dingerr The NAAFI Bar 35
Just_plain_you Living Overseas 0