• @Old_Stab

Votes: 25 38.5%
  • @sadurina

Votes: 30 46.2%
  • @sarnian

Votes: 25 38.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
In light of current PC trends shouldn't it be non gender specific?

Something like Arse of the Year Award would do.......

I was being a little childish in that the acronym was akin to “a botty”.

However, your suggestion achieves that aim while being gender neutral; I like it a lot. Possibly “Arrser of the Year”.

Comments welcome, but I like that lead. I’ll change the title when I put the poll up on Saturday.

But it's what we all would have done given the circumstances.

Nah they wouldn't you know Old Stab.

Wouldn't have crossed my mind in the same circumstances. I would have just thought "thats a bit shit" and buggered off to the kebab shop,

Credit where its due old boy.

Last edited:
I haven't been following the nominations for SPOTY but, assuming that he is nominated again, could @Bravo_Bravo be both Bloke of the Year and Site Penis of the Year?

Seconded Sadurina, I know what she did, and how willingly.

Seconded Old Stab: too easy to back away from a problem than take the risk of reactions from both ends to alert people. (Alerters often get it in the neck - experience.)

While it is about people quietly getting on with what needs to be done, without expectations of gold-watchery, I am for anything that normalises a return to a working awareness of 'we' rather than being locked into little Farcebook cells of 'me'. It is not fluffy, it is practical and what is really, really needed now.

If it is ribbons, can they be green to go with me teeth?

Last edited:
Last call for nominations. I don’t think there’s any un-seconded nominations at present.

I’ll close out the nominations and put the poll up whenever I roll out of bed in the morning (ie Saturday 18th), and change the title to “Arrser of the Year 2021”.

Old Stab

LE
Book Reviewer
Well.
I've voted for Arte et Marte.
Purely for the support he showed in flying out to France with Awol .

And coz it'll get me a bit of leeway when the ban hammer is weilded.

I have voted for everyone as I couldn’t decide who has been the toppest top bloke/bird
Or you could have voted for no one and the result would have been the same ;-)

Grownup_Rafbrat

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
I've voted for @fairmaidofperth for various reasons:-
1) She used to run for the Arrse team on the Combat Stress runs and London Marathons
2) The AWOL escapade
3) And for being an all round lovely person, the OH and I have met her on many trips to Paris, sher managed to get us tickets in the seated part of the Champs Elysees on Bastille Day, has taken us to little restaurants and bars off the beaten track which have been great places and a couple of years ago, just before we were to meet, I had the misfortune to have my wallet stolen with over 500 Euros in it, she helped out with dealing with the police and getting a report squared away.

I've voted for @fairmaidofperth for various reasons:-
1) She used to run for the Arrse team on the Combat Stress runs and London Marathons
2) The AWOL escapade
3) And for being an all round lovely person, the OH and I have met her on many trips to Paris, sher managed to get us tickets in the seated part of the Champs Elysees on Bastille Day, has taken us to little restaurants and bars off the beaten track which have been great places and a couple of years ago, just before we were to meet, I had the misfortune to have my wallet stolen with over 500 Euros in it, she helped out with dealing with the police and getting a report squared away.
In some ways your post merely confirms and compounds the problem I had in voting ... my vote(s) were based partly on the remembered contents of @Awol threads some of which had been wisely removed ... as an ordinary ARRSE member I was , correctly , not aware of all the work going on in the background to achieve the recovery of Awol's kit ... perhaps the awarding of an additional / new display to all key players' Avatars should be considered .

Last edited:
Vote for all of them then. I just appreciate being nominated at all and will be perfectly happy to not come last.

Grownup_Rafbrat

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
That's becuase you toddle along behind everyone picking up the dropped driving licenses, shouting out the turnings to take next, reminding people where they are heading for and stopping the very drunk getting into stranger's cars.

I got fed after midnight and me vanity woke up!

Thank goodness for Sadurina's mega Uber services and Fairmaidof Perth's "all knowings that are to be known".

Latest Threads