• @sarnian

Votes: 25 38.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Arte_et_Marte

ADC
Book Reviewer
Just spotted this.

The whole team are still working on this and are doing a great job. All the names mentioned are worthy of a thank you.

However, I was the only one who flew to France and back with Awol. Anybody could have done that.

@fairmaidofperth travelled across France by train, at her own expense, into an unknown situation and without her, her fluency in the language, and her diplomatic dealing with a distressed Awol, it really would have been so much harder.

Scrub me off the list please, @fairmaidofperth can have my vote.

Just spotted this.

The whole team are still working on this and are doing a great job. All the names mentioned are worthy of a thank you.

However, I was the only one who flew to France and back with Awol. Anybody could have done that.

@fairmaidofperth travelled across France by train, at her own expense, into an unknown situation and without her, her fluency in the language, and her diplomatic dealing with a distressed Awol, it really would have been so much harder.

Nope, you're involved. Your name vill also go on ze list.

Enforced tea and medals all round.

Old Stab

LE
Book Reviewer
Tell you what.
The CO's can send us all a large Fortnum & Mason hamper for our Stirling efforts in invading Frogland to help an Arrser.

Job jobbed.

Awol

LE
I don't think that we can realistically single out any one person in light of this years events.

Maybe something similar to a ROPS banner saying Good Arrse or something.
I think a medal is better. The standard blue ones that everyone gets are pretty meaningless, it seams everyone gets a full rack after about three posts. How about binning them completely and having others added for excellence such as everyone who has helped me out so much in the past couple of weeks, having another added after reaching an arbitrary number of posts, another for generally being sensible and respected. On the other hand having black medals for those who are habitual Arrses etc.

In other words, make them mean something, at the moment they are just meaningless decoration.

Awol

LE
@Sadurina and @naffnickname definitely on ze list. What they've achieved for @Awol has been superb. Just silently cracking on with the task. As has the whole team; it will be too difficult to pick one name. It's very much a group effort of all round good eggs.
Ah, I was just coming to you Missy. Don’t for a minute think I’d missed you out of my list of female Arrse legends, I was just getting around to you when I had to go shopping for more quirky furniture and kitchen things.

Let’s just say that you should change your username to ‘Fair Angel Of Perth’.

More to follow....

Kirkz

LE
Book Reviewer
Just spotted this.

Nope, you're involved. Your name vill also go on ze list.

Enforced tea and medals all round.
Don't tell him your name @Arte_et_Marte

ste14w

MIA
The whole team plus Old Stab.
It was his post that got our attention.

ste14w

MIA
But that is all I did was put a post up.
It's others that did the rest of it.
I was a very small cog tbh.
It was your post that got my attention, which led to many of us donating to the fund, which led to another invasion of France, as well as a rear echelon moving Awol and his belongings back and forth and offers of help that are still coming in and awaiting the nod from Awol.
I wouldn't say that you were a small cog, we were all cogs in the machine.
But you were the starter motor.

Kirkz

LE
Book Reviewer

Old Stab

LE
Book Reviewer
It was your post that got my attention, which led to many of us donating to the fund, which led to another invasion of France, as well as a rear echelon moving Awol and his belongings back and forth and offers of help that are still coming in and awaiting the nod from Awol.
I wouldn't say that you were a small cog, we were all cogs in the machine.
But you were the starter motor.
But it's what we all would have done given the circumstances.

Kirkz

LE
Book Reviewer
But it's what we all would have done given the circumstances.
Non of it would have happened with out you doing what you did.

Old Stab

LE
Book Reviewer
Non of it would have happened with out you doing what you did.
I know. I put the initial shout up that he was in a bad place. It snowballed from there with others doing what they did.

It's the people who went that extra mile in real life who deserve it, not me.

Kirkz

LE
Book Reviewer
I know. I put the initial shout up that he was in a bad place. It snowballed from there with others doing what they did.

It's the people who went that extra mile in real life who deserve it, not me.
every element deserves recognition and that includes the catalyst.