• @Old_Stab

Votes: 25 38.5%
  • @sadurina

Votes: 30 46.2%
  • @sarnian

Votes: 25 38.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
2021 has been a horrible year with the loss of @Supermatelot. But it’s also been a tremendous finish to the year with regard to Op Agincourt II. We’ve done some excellent things, and some of our members have gone above and beyond. Others have gone yet beyond that. While Kris’ death was for me personally a catastrophe, it also allowed others the opportunity to show their true character, and it was a thing of awe to me.

So I’m proposing “AOTY”, the counterpoint of SPOTY, and to run it in much the same way. I won’t be around on Dec 31 to judge it, but I nominate @stacker1 to adjudicate the results, which may cause some internal conflict, but hey, it’s all in a good cause.

Obvious candidates for the French job would be @Old Stab for raising the alarm, @sarnian for raising the cash, @Arte_et_Marte for leading the mission, @fairmaidofperth for her contribution in enemy territory.

Regarding Kris, @Bravo_Bravo made it happen in terms of Arrse’s presence at his funeral. In the run up to his ultimate death, @Bravo_Bravo and myself (may have been others) were there for him as much as we could be. Neither of us thought it had got to the stage it had. But things turned out the way they did, and BZ from me personally to @Bravo_Bravo for his diligence and commitment to doing the right thing with Kris’ funeral and liaising with his family and the undertakers. Arrse simply would not have been represented without that.

So entirely selfishly, because Kris and I were close, I nominate @Bravo_Bravo as Arrser Of The Year 2021.

Please feel free to nominate additional candidates, and let’s celebrate what we do well. Exceptionally well.

Last edited:
Ouch, stop hitting me,………….ouch,……………yes, ok, seconded.

Seriously, all of them were good eggs, and did goods things, a testament to our generation methinks. BB the old never deployed has taken much abuse over the years, both jokingly and some serious close to the edge. Yet he still leaps in feet first willing to help a soul in need.

Heartily seconded, sir.

Can we think up some awards for the others and have them annotated under their usernames? Croix de ARRSE with oak leaves………seeing as it was a France based operation.

Last edited:

Old Stab

LE
Book Reviewer
Me personally, I am a tad biased but I think it has to be a group award for the Away team and those involved, Sarnian, Arte, FMOP and others behind the scenes.
I actually did very little apart from raise the alarm about Awol and gave him some gentle encouragement when needed. The others involved did far more than I did.

Me personally, I am a tad biased but I think it has to be a group award for the Away team and those involved, Sarnian, Arte, FMOP and others behind the scenes.
I actually did very little apart from raise the alarm about Awol and gave him some gentle encouragement when needed. The others involved did far more than I did.
Ok, they all get the Croix de Bière, with Oak Leaves, Swords and Diamonds, you qualify for a Mentioned in Devizes.

As someone who merely read the threads with awe I second all of the above. Very well done to all of you who actually made a difference.

I'd vote for all of them.

OneTenner

LE
Book Reviewer
I vote for @Awol for having the balls to ask for help when he needed it and expecting nothing more than a few mates to tell him to 'man the fcuk up'.

So how did Awol's return to these sceptred isles go then? Yes, I'm to idle to search for it on the forum.

So how did Awol's return to these sceptred isles go then? Yes, I'm to idle to search for it on the forum.
images

Some cracking efforts from the lads this year - well done all.

Whining Civvy

LE
Book Reviewer
Thirded or fourthed or whatever, I'd include @Awol in the group for stepping up to the plate and asking for help in the first place, not an easy thing to do for any of us.

edit: Not a bad idea to make this an annual award too.

wheel

LE
I would like to nominate @Kirkz .
He has single handedly done more recycling, food saving and fuel saving than even the sainted Greata.
If everyone on Arrse managed just a fraction of the recycling and skip diving that Kirkz does the planet would be saved.
Oh and he makes sure you all get your Crimbo cards

Why make it a competition? This year has shown that there are several people deserving of an award (rather than a prize).

Recognition by way of a service stripe next to the medal bar, multiple stripes for multiple years and details of the deeds in a folder on an Arrsepaedia page.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
2021 has been a horrible year with the loss of @Supermatelot. But it’s also been a tremendous finish to the year with regard to Op Agincourt II. We’ve done some excellent things, and some of our members have gone above and beyond. Others have gone yet beyond that. While Kris’ death was for me personally a catastrophe, it also allowed others the opportunity to show their true character, and it was a thing of awe to me.

So I’m proposing “ABOTY”, the counterpoint of SPOTY, and to run it in much the same way. I won’t be around on Dec 31 to judge it, but I nominate @stacker1 to adjudicate the results, which may cause some internal conflict, but hey, it’s all in a good cause.

Obvious candidates for the French job would be @Old Stab for raising the alarm, @sarnian for raising the cash, @Arte_et_Marte for leading the mission, @fairmaidofperth for her contribution in enemy territory.

Regarding Kris, @Bravo_Bravo made it happen in terms of Arrse’s presence at his funeral. In the run up to his ultimate death, @Bravo_Bravo and myself (may have been others) were there for him as much as we could be. Neither of us thought it had got to the stage it had. But things turned out the way they did, and BZ from me personally to @Bravo_Bravo for his diligence and commitment to doing the right thing with Kris’ funeral and liaising with his family and the undertakers. Arrse simply would not have been represented without that.

So entirely selfishly, because Kris and I were close, I nominate @Bravo_Bravo as Arrse Bloke Of The Year 2021.

Please feel free to nominate additional candidates, and let’s celebrate what we do well. Exceptionally well.
Point of Order Mr Chair.

How can Fair Maid of Perth be "Bloke of the Year" when she is a Laydeee? Do we need a second category so @fairmaidofperth may partake and retain her feminity?

If a Lass of the Year LOTY category is started then I would nominate
@fairmaidofperth
@Grownup_Rafbrat
Both of whom do wonderful things for Arrse!

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
I would like to nominate @Kirkz .
He has single handedly done more recycling, food saving and fuel saving than even the sainted Greata.
If everyone on Arrse managed just a fraction of the recycling and skip diving that Kirkz does the planet would be saved.
Oh and he makes sure you all get your Crimbo cards
Seconded

Latest Threads