Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by Good CO, Dec 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

BB found rather an effective way of attacking the wiki that was an utter pain to remove - burrying real names in username eg 'BatMan aka Bruce Wain'

As this involved digging in the database, something we can't do from anywhere, I've taken slightly drastic measures to stop this by only allowing usernames up to 10 characters. This has also truncated existing LOGIN usernames to 10 characters. eg Blessed Baby Cakes = Blessed Ba. The entries for each user remain the same eg:

A pain but had to be done.
  2. ^And can you believe she's got in with a 10 digit name already - you've got to at least give her credit for being a persistent fruitloop. :lol:
  3. Blocked!

Abacus talk page has also been deleted and re-created to remove the history.

Thanks for a good spot!

4. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

I'm not too worried about the posts and the fact that she can set up a username, as both can be dealt with though the admin interface. It was the long usernames with real names in that I needed to prevent as they appeared in the 'recent changes' section and were tricky to get rid of.

If only I had so much free time on my hands. BB please consider doing something more constructive with your life than hassling us. And no that wasn't an invitation for a load of bull about organising the ophan martian special forces flower arranging society charity fair every other day.

Good CO yawns and looks forward to a new interesting nutter to replace the rather tedious old ones.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.