Arrsepedia seems to be down

Discussion in 'ARRSEpedia' started by Oneshot, Aug 31, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Arrsepedia, when i try to get to it by the links seems to be dead, or am i just being a biff?

OS

2. RumRation seems to be down as well. Perhaps it's a wider Site problem.

3. Nope oneshot, you is ok here. looks to be seriously stuffed!

you might be a biff in other things though! :wink:

4. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

I got this error message;

A database query syntax error has occurred. This may indicate a bug in the software. The last attempted database query was:

(SQL query hidden)

from within function "Job::pop". MySQL returned error "1146: Table 'wiki.arrsejob' doesn't exist (217.146.97.102)".

Spike

5. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

I'm afraid that we have managed to break the ARRSEpedia but are working on it!

6. Honestly I have an alibali thing ... I was making an arrse of computer systems in the office.

7. just to check ... the wiki seems to be very empty right now. Most entries are empty.

message on all pages I looked at...
    There is currently no text in this page, you can search for this page title in other pages or edit this page.

Is the data still to be restored? (he asked hopefully) ... I love some of those entries and doubt many arrsers could be that funny again if they tried!

8. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

I was up until 0500 tearing my hair out on this one. Basically we made a mistake and then overwrote our backup .......! I still have the data but have not yet figured out how to get it back into the pages. Don't worry this is on my Main Effort .........

9. My God, I hope so, otherwise I shall be retiring to my study with the Mess Webley. ARRSEpedia is MY LIFE!

10. Phew! What a relief - I thought you'd decided I was so un-PC you'd deleted all my pages. Please fix it, guys - I get twitchy if I can't get to the Wiki.

Cheers,
    Cliff.

11. BCO ... failure is not an option!
    That could drive me to drink ..... err .... more and I dont think thats possible!

12. Gentlemen... I fear the worst.

13. msr

msr LE

Google cache here we come ... :(

msr

14. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Fixed. Error reports here please.

15. Firstly GCO, you are nigh unto a god for the fixing the wiki and were she not married I would pledge my sisters hand to you.

On the error report:
    looks like many pages especially those update since 25 aug are missing.

example
    http://www.arrse.co.uk/wiki/Little-known_Facts_about_the_SAS
    which is missing the article but if you edit the page the txt IS there.
    any idea why or are we back on wiki fix duty?

I edited the empty police entry by adding a space to the txt in the edit window and it brought all the text back.
    http://www.arrse.co.uk/wiki/Police
    note my last edit i just added one press of the space bar but it recreated the entire article of 1800+ characters.