ARRSE Xmas Competition - Five Books to Win

Discussion in 'The Book Club' started by Bad CO, Dec 14, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

No doubt everyone is enjoying my review of Matthew Norman's new book "You Cannot Be Serious! The 101 Most Infuriating Things in Sport" which I've just posted?

Anyway the good news is that we've got 5 copies of this to give away. To enter all you have to do is send Auld-Yin a Private Message with the answer to the following question:

Which country has recently been selected to host the 2022 World Cup Final?​

Competition will stay open until 2200 hrs on Weds 22 Dec 2010 .... good luck!

2. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Just one thing guys, if you are going to enter the competition, please take the trouble to check out who has won at the close - it might just be you! There are some people about to miss out on a brilliant book (Gulf War 1 - they have to mid-day tomorrow to get in touch), just because they did not check the result.

Personally I think the question here is way too easy and perhaps should have been "Which country took a strop because they were not picked?" Much more difficult :)

Anyway - have a look at BadCO's original post and PM me with your answer.

3. Captain_Crusty

Captain_Crusty War Hero Reviewer Book Reviewer

I presume you're talking about Association Football?

4. Next time I'll read the OP fully.

What a twat I am, for posting the answer in the public forum.
    Knob!!

5. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

Check PM's.

6. Auld-Yin

I was beginning to despair of Arrse for a while as everyone was getting the answer correct. However my despondency has been allayed as two people PM'd me overnight with an incorrect answer. Thank you for maintaining my believe in the membership of Arrse (You are not in the draw though with those answers!)

Keep the entries coming in folks, plenty of time to win this great book - a chuckle is welcome any time.

7. Auld-Yin

Bumpity bump.

if you want a laugh in the New Year have a go at this competition and try and win "You Cannot be Serious!".

just answer BadCO's difficult question (well it is difficult for a couple of people!!) and have a chance of winning. A nice wee post Christmas present to yourself.

8. Good luck bump.
    [​IMG]

9. Auld-Yin

Another bump and thanks Trick-Boom for your bump.

10. Auld-Yin

Still a couple of days left for you to enter this competition (including the two who have sent in the wrong answer!!)

11. PM'd you......can you not name & shame those who got it wrong?

12. Auld-Yin

I would love to, but she would kill me!!!

Still time to get your entry in (or correct the wrong entry). Just over 36 hours left.

13. Auld-Yin

Last call. You have until 2200 hrs tonight to get your entry in.

14. Auld-Yin

The draw has been drawed and the following lucky peeps will get a copy of this hilarious book.

B & T (Thank goodness - it might just shut him up! :) )

Capt_Crusty

ToMeToYou (Again :) )

Mr Deputy

fltpilot

PM me with your contact details please and I will arrange for the book to go out - although they will probably not be sent out until after the festivities.

A-Y

15. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

Gosh!!!!!
    Wow!!!!!!
    What a suprise I never thought it would happen to me.

But this book isn't just for me. it's for my parents and all their support.
    Mrs B&T for having big tits (thick as mince as she is)
    My fellow work mates, for it is them not paying attention at work which means that I can spend time here.

Sniff
    Sniff

I havn't felt this much love since Uncle Roland used to come in my bedroom when Mummy and Daddy were out.

I love you so much.