Arrse WW1 Tour

Discussion in 'Military History and Militaria' started by scarletto, Sep 2, 2007.

?
  1. three

56.8%
  2. five

43.2%

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Right, Just to find out who actually would be interested in a Tour of The Western Front, British Areas (Ypres-Somme-Passechendale) I presume.

Cuddles and Ventress have offered to Guide. However i think a rough of idea of just who wants to go, would be a place to start. Plus how many days.

2. elovabloke

elovabloke LE Moderator

Love to but RTR doing a little trip to France in November. One of our guys runs a guest house over there that may be of use.

Guest House

3. Count me in when we thinking of

4. Yeah id been thinking of Banjos place, ummm for when i guess next year now.

5. A definite "yes" for me - would like to visit Great Great Uncle James' grave at Achiet-le-Grand Communal Cemetery Extension and see where he fell (Arras), if that's possible.

6. I would definitely be interested too, dependant on when it is to be held though....

7. Count me in as well.

8. I also live in Ypres, and have a business guiding and taking people on pilgramages over the First War battlefields. Let me know if you need some help, otherwise it would be nice to meet when you are all over to put faces to names.

All the best.

P.S. I can confirm that Banjotroopers B and B is a real cracker and well worth using.

9. Count me in on a tour. Fantastic idea.

fastmedic

10. im also interested..sounds very good.

11. Whats your mate and his missus's idea of no children under 12?! it sounded good until I read that seeings as I now have a small carpet commando that goes where we go... :roll:

12. Something I've been meaning to do for years. Depending on when, I'd be interested. As for duration, I'm not bothered either way.

13. Any good camp sites nearby? One that ARRSE families might be able to take over?

14. Unknown_Quantity

Unknown_Quantity War Hero Moderator

Very interested, time isn't a problem.

15. I think that Ypres will be the best place to be quartered, certainly enough Hotels around the main square. Some good bars and eating places, so will look around there.

Looks like Banjos place wont have enough room for us all, again timings depend on i suppose Cuddles and or Ventress. Though we have some fall back guides, flyingmonkey and Banjotrooper availability permitting too.

About 15 people interested at moment.