ARRSE vs The BBC

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by custard_war, Aug 10, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I've read loads of post on here recently about Journos and their shoddy reporting of military news. The BBC are particularly bad and the I think the time has come for ARRSErs to make themselves heard.

The final straw for me was the six o'clock news this evening. Following a "Bart's People" style article interviewing the family of an Israeli casualty, Ms Kaplinski briefly announced the death of a "Soldier from the Royal Logistical Corpse" in Afghanistan. She was talking about Pte Leigh Reeves (RIP fella). This is just typical of the lazy journalism rife at the moment.

I will be writing to and emailing the BBC here to vent my spleen.

Rant over

2. Kaplinski is a varnished plastic retard.

3. I'm assuming the autocue was right but all the stupid tart has to do is read what is put infront of her. It's not hard is it??

CW

4. I saw that bit, she stumbled on a word or two directly after so I just assumed she was having a bit of a duff moment.

5. She would have stumbled over her words immediately afterwards because the director would be screaming in her ear!

Worst example I came across in all my years in the media was a "presenter" who, at the time of the 747 freighter crash in Amsterdam read out:

"The El Al air disaster"

as

"The E-one A-one air disaster"

Worst bit was he didn't even know he was wrong...

AS

6. News presenters can come across as being switched on but lets face it, they're employed if they're easy on the eye and can read from an autocue.

When it comes to the job of a newsreader, it's not exactly rocket salad, is it?

7. No, they're worth every OBE and knighthood they're given.

8. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

I once fixed a B/Band fault for a well known BBC (NI) news presenter's house.Within a hour my boss was on the blower yelling that the cnut could'nt get is PC to workso I went back....
    Turns out the to**er could'nt access his e-mail as he was entering the wrong user/password!!!

9. There was a good one on CNN today. The so-called "intel expert" explaining that an IED means "Improvised Electronic Device".

10. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

I was just D Noticed on radio 5 I think...LOL. I can just envisage the producer making that blade type action to the switchboard OP...lol classic skills. :twisted:

11. I saw the logistical corpse part.
    Newsreaders jsut read the news, Im sure they dont write their own stuff, especially after seeing that newsreader get hung drawn and quartered by Gorgeous George. There isnt much going on between the ears maybe a warm ceasar salad but thats about it.

12. Hmm, an interesting observation, but a varnished plastic retard that I would ream senseless nonetheless. :twisted:

13. Yeah, sorry. As much as she may have a gap between her ears, it's various other kaplinski holes I am interested in.

And there would be no autocue for her to get wrong, so no need for her to talk

14. Crap newscaster but I'd give her something to get her tongue tied around.

15. Don't get me started on the BBC. I've written to them 3 times and not yet had an answer....gits