Arrse Up Face Down Fantasy Premier League 2018 / 19

Looking at the top ten (in green) we had some great scores throughout the weekend but I thought everyone KNEW you have to pick Captain Aguero against Huddersfield, even the mighty Mo Salad couldn't top the hat trick with a "why thank you for the 40 points Kun" :) While I am on the subject of scoring, Mighty Blighty had the top score of 94 so no more tips from me to him from now on.

Btw: Could one of you chaps in the UK stop by Sluggies dads house to check he still has a face, he did give the slug the thumbs up on her team so it might be a good idea to take a large 1st Aid kit, some MRE's, and a wheelchair for the poor guy.
1534854743133.png

@Ethel_the_Aardvark @Grim_Squeaker85 @The_IRON @rockape623 @Dizzee367 @celticguy @ForestFire @heidtheba @Faithful_6th @Goatman @pombsen-armchair-warrior @Dark_Nit @CAARPS @gaijin @Chalky101 @Mister G.C. @Drazyl @Mighty_Blighty @TheBeardofMoses @Rod924
@Faded @don't tell him pike @The_Snail

Last edited:
Cheers @Spank-it .

It was a stroke of genius of mine to take the Captains armband of Mo Salad and give it to Aguero :-D

MB
Me too, I switched him just ten minutes before the deadline - thank god I did because it would have been a dismal week if I hadn't. I looked at your team Monday afternoon and I thought bollox you might get into 1st place if Fo'me'no scores but nope he's still a vanker and your still in 2nd :)

Me too, I switched him just ten minutes before the deadline - thank god I did because it would have been a dismal week if I hadn't. I looked at your team Monday afternoon and I thought bollox you might get into 1st place if Fo'me'no scores but nope he's still a vanker and your still in 2nd :)
Yeah, I'm giving serious consideration to transferring him. I'll see how the land lays on deadline day.

MB

Miserable showing this round of games from my bunch of numpties.
That glum Irish sound alike Sad O'Manee saved a worse showing with his late goal.
Onward to the next round, with transfers already done.

Last edited:
Miserable showing this round of games from my bunch of numpties.
That glum Irish sound alike Sad O'Manee saved a worse showing with his late goal.
Onward to the next round, with transferes already done.
I hear you on that, I had a few zero's, even my non starters got subbed by non - starters Aaaaaagh !!
I used to do my transfers right after game day but got caught too many times by announced game injuries, training injuries, and red card bans so now I wait until the day before. On the other hand I've also had the Fcuk, Fcuk, Fcuk, I forgot to get rid of the two injured numpties sitting on the bench because I went out on the lash.
This tip is NOT for @Mighty_Blighty :)

Last edited:
Looking at the top ten (in green) we had some great scores throughout the weekend but I thought everyone KNEW you have to pick Captain Aguero against Huddersfield, even the mighty Mo Salad couldn't top the hat trick with a "why thank you for the 40 points Kun" :) While I am on the subject of scoring, Mighty Blighty had the top score of 94 so no more tips from me to him from now on.

Btw: Could one of you chaps in the UK stop by Sluggies dads house to check he still has a face, he did give the slug the thumbs up on her team so it might be a good idea to take a large 1st Aid kit, some MRE's, and a wheelchair for the poor guy.
View attachment 347253
@Ethel_the_Aardvark @Grim_Squeaker85 @The_IRON @rockape623 @Dizzee367 @celticguy @ForestFire @heidtheba @Faithful_6th @Goatman @pombsen-armchair-warrior @Dark_Nit @CAARPS @gaijin @Chalky101 @Mister G.C. @Drazyl @Mighty_Blighty @TheBeardofMoses @Rod924

I'd check on Sluggies Dad but I'm scared she might be there lurking. I suspct she has a soft spot for the Squeaker and to be honest..... That scares me. Worse than the thought of being manhandled by Diane Abbott.

Spectacularly mediocre start as usual, oh well onward and remain mid table :)
Probably be losing my top spot - bit of a disaster this week :-(

This is not my season I fear.
It's looking Grim for a lot of players :)

Mr Martin took the weeks high score trophy and climbed into top spot along with it. There was a lot of good scoring out there but maybe it's time for some to use the 1st transfer wildcard before dropping too far down.

I had a disaster this week despite posting above about the 'forgetting' to check my team before the deadline I did exactly that and paid for it... it was a set up by Sande Is a Beach, I was farting around with my team Friday night when she phoned "Hey, I'm finishing work early at 11pm come up and meet me and we'll go for a beer for an hour". An hour my arrse, we got home at 03:00 which meant that I missed the deadline (5 hr time diff), checking my laptop I see my Captain's pick is wrong, my subs are wrong, my goalie's is wrong all because I didn't click on 'Save Team'. I'm going ballistic, she starts laughing, "Oh, you're such a fcuktard -I did my team last night at work :) " To make it worse even sluggy beat me !!
1535459226665.png

It's a marathon, not a sprint! I'm sure my good early start will all go Pete Tong soon!

MB
I agree that it's a long haul, and everyone will have one or two disaster weekends, but I like to encourage players to keep going and not give up too early.

I am relatively happy, I am usually much further back at this stage, there is hope yet :)
That's why there are 3 leagues in the 1 league, 1 -10, 11 - 20, and 21 to last. So to put it mildly you are only 8 points behind your leader and only 14 points from being in division one with the big boys :)

That's why there are 3 leagues in the 1 league, 1 -10, 11 - 20, and 21 to last. So to put it mildly you are only 8 points behind your leader and only 14 points from being in division one with the big boys :)
A bit Mourinho like, at least I have f*cking won it :)

With GW 4 done and dusted Martin Baker is holding on to the top spot with a slim 6 point lead over Mighty Blighty who almost grabbed the top score spot but was ultimately crushed to see Mister GC win the non-existent trophy by 1 point.
1535973484016.png

@Faded @don't tell him pike @The_Snail[/QUOTE] (views 2,009)

It seemed to me to be a very weird week of scoring, lots of big names were kept off the score sheet, (Aguero, Salah) and some of the minor players stepped up to the plate. One thing I am going to do from now on is ignore the FPL 'yellow' injury stickers I had 22 points left sitting on the bench while the 3 twots who played scored 6 points between them. There was nothing to lose when I thought about it afterwards, if I had left them on the team and they didn't play then they would have just got subbed anyway. Oh, well sucks to be me. Mr Blue after using his 1st transfer wildcard picked a great team and had a great week with the 70 points beating everyone else to stay in top spot.
1537364546473.png

@Faded @don't tell him pike @The_Snail[/QUOTE] (views 2,009)

OK, I'll admit to getting a nose bleed, and to feeling a little lightheaded on account of being so high up in the league. Sixth is way higher than I expected to get... EVER.
On to next week when normal service will be resumed.