Arrse Unresponsive, Android Chrome

rampant

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Since the little test the other day I have noticed a reaccurring problem browsing Arrse on my Tablet or Phone, both are Android devices and am running Chrome as my browser, I prefer it to the Tapatalk app.

When refreshing a page or returning to the New Post Mainpage, and despite seemingly fully loading, Arrse becomes unresponsive, trying to enter a thread via its title or page number doesn't work nor do the navigation and menu buttons. The page requires a refresh at browser level. Although intermittent, it is regular enough to be fecking irritating.

Has anyone else noticed this?

It sometimes happens if my desktop is running Chrome, where it freezes the internet on that machine for a bit

Unless I bring up a command prompt and go ipconfig /release followed by ipconfig /renew

It sometimes happens if my desktop is running Chrome, where it freezes the internet on that machine for a bit

Unless I bring up a command prompt and go ipconfig /release followed by ipconfig /renew

Same issues and can't edit posts.

So it's you freezing the internet is it? Causing world wide problems you are.

Since the little test the other day I have noticed a reaccurring problem browsing Arrse on my Tablet or Phone, both are Android devices and am running Chrome as my browser, I prefer it to the Tapatalk app.

When refreshing a page or returning to the New Post Mainpage, and despite seemingly fully loading, Arrse becomes unresponsive, trying to enter a thread via its title or page number doesn't work nor do the navigation and menu buttons. The page requires a refresh at browser level. Although intermittent, it is regular enough to be fecking irritating.

As you say, since the testing the same thing has started happening when I use ARRSE on an Android tablet using Chrome browser but ARRSE is OK using Chrome on my laptop.

Yes. And it's p****** me off.

Not trying to teach any of you to suck eggs but have you tried clearing your cache?

For Windows - Customise and control Google Chrome>Settings>Advanced>Privacy and Security>Clear Browsing data.

Android:
1530538434196.png

Happened on my iOS 10.xx iPad today... just the arse screen frozen but not iOS around it. I was able to refresh the page and normal service was resumed.

Not trying to teach any of you to suck eggs but have you tried clearing your cache?

For Windows - Customise and control Google Chrome>Settings>Advanced>Privacy and Security>Clear Browsing data.

Android: View attachment 340599
So GCO fiddles with his Arrse and quite coincidentally , suddenly everybody with Android or Chrome need to clear their caches?

Pretty obvious really I suppose...

So GCO fiddles with his Arrse and quite coincidentally , suddenly everybody with Android or Chrome need to clear their caches?

Pretty obvious really I suppose...
And a small thing with Firefox.

rampant

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer

Android: View attachment 340599
First thing I did when I noticed the problem last week.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P The NAAFI Bar 105
Le_addeur_noir The NAAFI Bar 2
Ravers The NAAFI Bar 396