ARRSE@Twitter - Now Recovered!

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by Bad CO, Dec 22, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

Some of you may have been aware that someone had registered using the username 'ARRSE' on twitter and had been posting all sorts of wierd stuff. We think we know who it was (from a cast of thousands - chubb...) but have managed to wrest the username back. Now I'm not saying that we'll use it to post any great insights or the wisdom of the ages ..... but you never know!
  2. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

Poke it you fucknuts*

*Sorry Boss.
  3. I've flagged it up already Flash and binned the comment.

Mod edit
  4. its his site, he can do what he wants. If it was my site Id just ban you (again).
  5. Bad CO

I have to say that we owe Twitter a big thanks for their rapid response - done under their Impersonation Policy

6. Is this Twitter mullarky worth doing? Fr'instance, can we mention Hols4Heroes etc?

Oooh, I'm on there now! Someone had nicked MY name, so I pulled a new one out of the bag, and I've got a challenge coin as my picture.

Oh, and I've locked it, less for ARRSE and Bad_CO, so don't try and stalk me until I find out how it works, thanks. :D
  7. Under 'More ARRSE' at the top of the page, the twitter link doesnt work. You need to drop the .html at the end of the address
  8. blue-sophist

blue-sophist LE Good Egg (charities)

Missed this Thread earlier - good news, BCO

... on behalf of SgtSlingsby on Twitter :wink:
  9. 140 characters= ARRSE Haiku.

Obvious, really.
  10. Bad CO

We've just managed to get rid of the latest attempt to impersonate us on Twitter but are fairly certain that it will happen again ...... can I ask that everyone keep an eye out for twitter users pretending to be us. The only authentic user is ARRSE - accept no substitute!
  11. Someone pretending to be an arrse on Twitter? Whatever next?
  12. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

I was just thinking "what an odd, short and pointless post" so looked at Storeman Norman's post history and went through a few before finding one that was longer than 2 lines and had any point to it, which explained all.

I don't remember what was in the newsletter exactly, but it was along the lines of 'is it funny, interesting, informative? - don't bother? Shorter than X? It's probably shite'. I'll hazard a guess that you're not a newsletter reader SN.
  13. I don't actually know what prompted this outpouring of vitriol GCO - I didn't think I was doing too badly given the current standards on this board. However, your opinion and you're very welcome to it. Me? I'll just take my cynicism, shortness and pointlessness and move on - clearly I'm not quite up to the mark here.

It has actually been fun.
  14. I know this is slightly off topic, but, what the heck! it bumps the thread.
    I'm not a tweeter, but, from time to time, I find myself looking at those seemingly puerile little utterances, and find myself a bit baffled. :oops:

I had deduced that '@' meant 'to', but (from the info in the link below) it's 'reply to'. But I had deduced that 'RT' meant 'reply to', but it seems to mean:

"RT is the indicator that the message is a re-tweet
    If a friend/colleague tweets something of interest and you want to pass it on or share it with your own followers, use RT at the start of your post and credit the person with the info you are passing on."

Some of the tweets start with more than one '@' and 'RT'. :omg:

I suppose it'll feel obvious before long. :roll:
    I like to feel I understand these things.
    I'm sharing this because I doubt it's only me that's found this baffling.

P.S. It was Ling's I was looking at:
    She, obviously, has it down to a fine art.

EDIT: Can't see me getting the hang of it too quickly. :oops:
    WTF is this about? :omfg:
  15. Tried to have a nosy but someone nicked my username too :x I am crap at thinking up new ones so gave up