Arrse tour of Arras/Vimy Ridge 2010

Discussion in 'Military History and Militaria' started by oldbaldy, Oct 14, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

Confirmed the tour of Arras/Vimy ridge will take place weekend Friday16-Monday 19 April 2010. More walking than at Verdun, more like the tour of The Somme 2008.
    Again the tour will be lead by Flyingmonkey and I will post details of accommodation once I have the contract.
  2. My kidneys and liver may have just recovered by then! :D
  3. oldbaldy

1. Battlefield Tours

Yea, but your a lightweight. :D
  4. Agreed,but that's based on the evidence from a mouthy,pissed up tramp with a penchant for vodka! :D :lol:
  5. You guys dont waste much time do you?
  6. I think that C_M, mini-crocq and myself will be giving that one a miss due to the extreme likelihood that I will be the size of a small dwelling by that point!
  7. Sounds good, will FM promise to leave the mist behind.
  8. If you are going to Vimy Ridge and want to get down the tunnels you'll need to book for parties of 4+. Judging by posts on the Somme Tour you will exceed this, assuming enough of the tourists survived. The number for the Visitor's Centre is +33 (0)3 22767086. They don't do tours on a Monday. Hope this helps.
  9. oldbaldy

1. Battlefield Tours

I'm sure he has a hot line to arrange mist. :roll:
  10. Count me in
  11. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Might check my leave for this one.
  12. Should be doable. Hopefully the human air raid siren will not be such a wingy little noisy thing by then.
  13. Count me in
  14. Grownup_Rafbrat

Grownup_Rafbrat LE Good Egg (charities)

I'm interested, but am also planning a trip to the southern hemisphere in the New Year, so will let you know.
  15. I'm planning a jaunt to the area in 2011 for 20-40 in own vehicles and will be using Le Manoir at Gavrelle.

Saw it when visiting nearby positions, while being used for big wedding reception - mostly in gardens.

Used it for a 2 nighter for 10 last November - all were happy.

The web pages were reliable, i.e. no exaggerations noted.