Arrse tour of Arras/Vimy Ridge 2010

oldbaldy

LE
Confirmed the tour of Arras/Vimy ridge will take place weekend Friday16-Monday 19 April 2010. More walking than at Verdun, more like the tour of The Somme 2008.
Again the tour will be lead by Flyingmonkey and I will post details of accommodation once I have the contract.

oldbaldy

LE
Yea, but your a lightweight. :D

Agreed,but that's based on the evidence from a mouthy,pissed up tramp with a penchant for vodka! :D :lol:

I think that C_M, mini-crocq and myself will be giving that one a miss due to the extreme likelihood that I will be the size of a small dwelling by that point!

If you are going to Vimy Ridge and want to get down the tunnels you'll need to book for parties of 4+. Judging by posts on the Somme Tour you will exceed this, assuming enough of the tourists survived. The number for the Visitor's Centre is +33 (0)3 22767086. They don't do tours on a Monday. Hope this helps.

oldbaldy

LE
tiger stacker said:
Sounds good, will FM promise to leave the mist behind.
I'm sure he has a hot line to arrange mist. :roll:

Should be doable. Hopefully the human air raid siren will not be such a wingy little noisy thing by then.

I'm interested, but am also planning a trip to the southern hemisphere in the New Year, so will let you know.

I'm planning a jaunt to the area in 2011 for 20-40 in own vehicles and will be using Le Manoir at Gavrelle.

Saw it when visiting nearby positions, while being used for big wedding reception - mostly in gardens.

Used it for a 2 nighter for 10 last November - all were happy.

The web pages were reliable, i.e. no exaggerations noted.

whiffler said:
I'm planning a jaunt to the area in 2011 for 20-40 in own vehicles and will be using Le Manoir at Gavrelle.

Saw it when visiting nearby positions, while being used for big wedding reception - mostly in gardens.

Bit too POSH for us - me thinks ?

oldbaldy

LE
Firework_phil said:
whiffler said:

Bit too POSH for us - me thinks ?
I have accn sorted. Will post details once I have the contract.

ticklishrodent said:
Like the avtar Phil did you have to do something 'special' to get them?
Not really - took a photo of each, cut it down and then set them together. The problem was getting the image small enough