ARRSE to form next cabinet...

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by ABrighter2006, Jan 30, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Following the ARRSE manifesto thread, it got me thinking, if you had to form a cabinet from the membership of ARRSE, who would get which job?

For starters I would nominate the following:

Prime Minister: Hackle

Deputy Prime Minister: Blyth_Spirit

Leader of the House: CRmeansCeilingReached

Foreign Secretary: The Lord Flasheart

Trade and Industry Secretary: Iiolis

Home Secretary: Fallschirmjager

Health Secretary: Missy

Communities: MoodyBitch

Culture, Media and Sport:

Defence Secretary: One_of_the_Strange

Minister without portfolio: StabTiffy2B

However, we live in a democracy, not a dictatorship (just about) - so, who would you select from ARRSE for high office?

3. daz

daz LE

Minister for the British Antarctic Territory, Frenchmong, life posting

Minister in personal charge of internal volcano monitering for Montserrat, SLRboy, life posting.

4. daz, does have point here, there are of course any number of ministries and overseas embassies that need suitable nominees!

5. Can I be the Ambassador to Amsterdam (I smoke embassy ciggies and everything)???

6. You would of course need knowledge of everything else that Amsterdam has to offer. There may be a few ARRSEr's who feel that their experience of Amsterdam is longer than yours so to speak.

BTW: As a prospective member, could you confirm that you did not inhale - I'd hate your experimentation to be a source of embarassment for us later on.

7. any chance i could have a jobbie? i dunno, minister for justice, head of the CPS, minister for internal security or some such position.... i think that could come in handy.

otherwise i think Praetorian is better suited to "Culture, Media and Sport" and MDN would better perform a role involving the fair treatment of the otherwise abled and ethnic minorities.

8. You missed RFUK.
    That man really deserves a place on the cabinet, how about minister for free speech.

9. You would of course have to demonstrate a "tough on crime, tough on the causes of crime" mantra. Alternatively, suitable experience a la Aitkins or Archer would be more than adequate.

10. Saving RFUK for the first reshuffle - don't show your hand too quickly and all of that. :thumright:

11. And Gallowglass for Education.

12. brettarider

brettarider On ROPs

I want to be culture attache to Ibzia or Minsiter in charge of executing the last load of dogsh1te government

13. I fancy being put forward for Parliamentary Secretary to the Treasury, aka Government Chief Whip. I like leather and I'm good with numbers.

14. brettarider, how about combining the two. You could take off from Luton with a group of like minded individuals and having landed in the Club 18-40 island, have a quick summary execution at the airport, before getting down to Ministry of Sound and God's Kitchen for what would be the ultimate party - yer in!

15. I hope you have the required experience. Harrow / Oxbridge education, former directorships of PFI chasing multinationals, mistress in the city and an ugly wife (they all seem to).