ARRSE Tie at the Movies

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by abacus, Jun 20, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Crocodile Dundee:

“Watch out Mick, he’s got a tie!”

“That’s not a tie….THIS is a tie!”

“Vincent, can you get me an ARRSE Tie?”

“If it’s in Paris, I’ll find it.”

“What was in the case?”

“I don’t remember.”

“Go on, it was an ARRSE Tie, wasn’t it?”

The Lord of the Rings:

“My tie, the nasty hobbitses stole it from me my prrreciousssss.”

Apocalypse Now:

“Charlie don’t wear ARRSE Ties!”

“I always wear my ARRSE Tie, it scares the cr4p out of them.”

“My orders say I’m not supposed to know where I’m taking the boat but one look at your tie and I know it’s gonna be hot.”

“The horror, the horror!” (Kurtz discovers a subby not wearing his ARRSE Tie.)

Star Wars:

“Use the Tie Luke.”

Luke to Han Solo at the Millennium Falcon :

“You came in that thing? You’re braver than you look!” (He was sooooo talking about the tie!)

The Blues Brothers:

“It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing ARRSE Ties.”

Terminator 2:

“I need your clothes, your boots, your ARRSE Tie and your motorcycle.
  2. mysteron

mysteron LE Book Reviewer

"If you think you can waltz in here wearing your ARRSE tie, shootin' off your Harvard mouth and tell me how to do my job, you gotta another thing coming....I eat my breakfast in front of 4000 Cubans who are trained to kill me..."

A Few Good ARRSE Ties

(Edited for typing mong)
  3. Rick, to Sam: You wore it for her, now wear it for me!.
  4. Zulu

"Don't forget your ARRSE tie you dozy welshman!"

Band of brothers

"Hitler gets one of these across the windpipe (holds up ARRSE tie), Roosevelt changes Thanksgiving to Joe Toye day and pays me $10000 a year for the rest of my life."
  5. Darth Vader to luckless junior Captain on the Death Star Mk I:

'I find your lack of ARRSE tie disturbing'

Junior Captain finds breathing difficult...
  6. Zaphod Beeblebrox (H2G2):

'If there's anything more important than my ARRSE Tie running around this ship I want it hunted down and shot.'
  7. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

Star Wars:
    'May the Tie be with you'

Close Encounters of the Fourth Kind

The Front Page:
    'The son of a bitch stole my ARRSE tie!'

The Scarlet Pimpernel:
    'Sink me, it was the busiest part of the day... I was tying my ARRSE tie'

Star Trek:
    Bones: 'It's a tie, Jim, but not as we know it.'

A Few Good Men:
    'You can't handle the ARRSE tie!'
  8. "This day is call'd the feast of Crispian: He that outlive this day and comes safe home, Will stand a tip-toe when this day is named, and rouse him at the name of Crispian: He that shall live this day, and see old age, Will yearly on the vigil feast his neighbours, And say, 'To-morrow is Saint Crispian:' Then he will strip his sleeve and show his scars, And say, 'These wounds I had on Crispin's day.' Old men forget; ye all shall be forgot, But he'll remember with advantages What feats he did on that day: then shall our names, Familiar in his mouth as household words, Harry the King, Bedford and Exeter, Warwick and Talbot, Salisbury and Gloucester, Be in their flowing cups freshly remember'd.

This story shall the good man teach his son; and Crispin Crispian shall me'er go by, From this day to the ending of the world, But we in it shall be remembered; We few, we happy few, we band of brothers; For he that sheds his blood with me Shall be my brother, be he ne'er so vile, This day shall gentle his condition : And gentlemen in England now a-bed Shall think themselves accursed they were not here, And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks That wore their Arrse tie with us upon Saint Crispin's Day
  9. red hot latex nuns 2:

nun 1: what do you want me to do, Father?

Priest: Take my ARRSE TIE all the way, baby.
  10. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

Good old Shakespeare...

Richard the Third:
    'A tie, a tie, my kingdom for an ARRSE tie'

'Is this an ARRSE tie I see before me...'

Julius Caesar:
    'Beware the Ties of ARRSE...'

All ties except number 4: Much Ado About Nothing

Back to the movies:

'Just the Tie, ma'am'

Full Metal Jacket:
    'I admire your ARRSE tie. Hell, I like you, you can come over to my house and fcuk my sister'
  11. From Fiddler on the Roof

If I had an ARRSE tie
    Ya ha deedle deedle, bubba bubba deedle deedle dum.
    All day long I'd biddy biddy bum.
    If I had an ARRSE tie
    I wouldn't have to work hard.
    Ya ha deedle deedle, bubba bubba deedle deedle dum.
    If I had a biddy ARRSE tie,
    Yidle-diddle-didle-didle man.
  12. Laurel and Hardy
    "Well here's another nice tie you've gotten me into"

Wall Street
    "The ARRSE tie is good. The ARRSE tie is right. The ARRSE tie works. The ARRSE tie clarifies, cuts through, and captures the essence of the evolutionary spirit. The ARRSE tie in all of its forms."

Gone With The Wind.
    "As God is my witness, as God is my witness, they're not going to lick me! I'm going to live through this, and when it's all over, I'll never be tieless again - no, nor any of my folks! If I have to lie, steal, cheat, or kill! As God is my witness, I'll wear the ARRSE tie"

On the Waterfront.
    ""You don't understand! I could've had class. I could've been a contender. I could've been somebody, instead of a bum, which is what I am. Let's face it......I don't have an ARRSE tie."

"Open the pod bay doors, HAL."
    - "I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that."
    - "What's the problem?"
    - "I think you know what the problem is just as well as I do."
    - "What are you talking about, HAL?"
    - "You're not wearing your ARRSE tie Dave"
  13. Michael Corleone: My father made him an offer he couldn't refuse.
    Kay: What was that?
    Michael Corleone: Luca Brasi put an ARRSE tie around his neck, and my father assured him his signature would be on the contract or he wouldn't get the ARRSE tie.

Michael Corleone: My father is no different than any powerful man, any man with an ARRSE tie, like a president or senator.
    Kay: Do you know how naive you sound, Michael? Presidents and senators don't have ARRSE ties!
    Michael Corleone: Oh. Who's being naive, Kay?

Don Corleone: What have I ever done to make you treat me so disrespectfully? If you'd come to me wearing an ARRSE tie, then this scum that ruined your daughter would be suffering this very day. And if by chance an honest man like yourself should make enemies, then they would become my enemies. And then they would fear you.

Don Corleone: Someday, and that day may never come, I'll call upon you to do a service for me. But until that day accept this ARRSE tie as a gift on my daughter's wedding day
  14. the Battle of Britain:

Messchersmitt pilot 1 to Messerchmitt pilot 2: (special effect note: voice crackle over RT) ACHTUNG! Arrse tie!
  15. Good Morning Vietnam

Sgt. Maj. Dickerson(J.T. Walsh): Do you see anything on this uniform indicating an officer?! What does three up and three down mean to you?!

Cronauer(Robin Williams): An ARRSE tie?