ARRSE SOCKS

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by goatbagthedruid, Jul 2, 2006.

?
  1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Now I haven't been on for a long time, but it appears that someone has "liberated" the ARRSE sock CLICK HERE.

And charging double the price I did.

I am a little concerned for the legality of this.

Good /Bad CO, any comments???

GBTD

2. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

I believe that RVOps who run the ARRSE shop have had socks made by Smart Turnout using the colours from the site. I agree that the photo is of the ones you had made and can get it removed if that bothers you. As for twice the price, I think the UK made / Cypriot made explains that, and also that RV Ops is a business which needs to make a profit.

I know you did the Cyprus ones as a favour to all, and I think I'm right in saying it mas a major ball ache for you. I surprised you're upset that someone else took it on 'professionally'. In fact I thought that the fact that we hadn't done that was an area of complaint before?

(As for the legality - a wind up? or are you really suggesting that RV Ops are breaking a law by making socks with the same coloured stripes as the previous generation?)

I hope you're not offended and certainly see no reason why you should be. You are certainly more than welcome to continue as sn ARRSE sock producer!

3. Not a problem (actually find the whole thing complementary!) - I just wish someone had let me know!!!!

As for the legal thing, had I copywrited them, then there would be a problem but as I didn't then obviously they are free for anyone to copy. Please ask the producers to state that they came from a design inspired by goatbagthedruid!

Cheers mate,

GBTD

4. Does this mean that my 1st generation ARRSe socks are now worth more money as they are a collectors item?

5. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

GBTD,

OK, fair one. It would have been nice for us to ask, but I thought you were sick to death of profit-less socks so when I heard it mentioned it didn't even occur to me. Sorry.

As for copywriting stripey socks!! "Copyright may subsist in a wide range of creative, intellectual, or artistic forms or "works"." Now, your socks were fine things indeed, but.....

6. I had someone offer me a flash of her chebs to get a used pair of mine.

Am sure that as an intellectual and creative form, the first generation socks were beyond reproach!!!! ;)

GBTD