ARRSE is supported by the advertisements on it, so if you use an adblocker please consider helping us by starting an Ad-Free subscription.

ARRSE SOCKS

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by goatbagthedruid, Jul 2, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

?
  1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Now I haven't been on for a long time, but it appears that someone has "liberated" the ARRSE sock CLICK HERE.

And charging double the price I did.

I am a little concerned for the legality of this.

Good /Bad CO, any comments???

GBTD

2. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

I believe that RVOps who run the ARRSE shop have had socks made by Smart Turnout using the colours from the site. I agree that the photo is of the ones you had made and can get it removed if that bothers you. As for twice the price, I think the UK made / Cypriot made explains that, and also that RV Ops is a business which needs to make a profit.

I know you did the Cyprus ones as a favour to all, and I think I'm right in saying it mas a major ball ache for you. I surprised you're upset that someone else took it on 'professionally'. In fact I thought that the fact that we hadn't done that was an area of complaint before?

(As for the legality - a wind up? or are you really suggesting that RV Ops are breaking a law by making socks with the same coloured stripes as the previous generation?)

I hope you're not offended and certainly see no reason why you should be. You are certainly more than welcome to continue as sn ARRSE sock producer!

3. Not a problem (actually find the whole thing complementary!) - I just wish someone had let me know!!!!

As for the legal thing, had I copywrited them, then there would be a problem but as I didn't then obviously they are free for anyone to copy. Please ask the producers to state that they came from a design inspired by goatbagthedruid!

Cheers mate,

GBTD

4. Does this mean that my 1st generation ARRSe socks are now worth more money as they are a collectors item?

5. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

GBTD,

OK, fair one. It would have been nice for us to ask, but I thought you were sick to death of profit-less socks so when I heard it mentioned it didn't even occur to me. Sorry.

As for copywriting stripey socks!! "Copyright may subsist in a wide range of creative, intellectual, or artistic forms or "works"." Now, your socks were fine things indeed, but.....

6. I had someone offer me a flash of her chebs to get a used pair of mine.

Am sure that as an intellectual and creative form, the first generation socks were beyond reproach!!!! ;)

GBTD