ARRSE shooting Club

Clearly PERSEC would be a major issue but lots of us on here shoot (Civvy style) How could it be made to work?

Edit. Now it's established I've removed the question mark from the title.

I may be interested in that, will need to be a fairly central enough location for as much as possible to join in

seanbean said:
Is this thread for gays only or can anyone join? (Arse..shooting..)
Gays..........theres no gays in my village.

How central do you need to be. Live around South Oxfordshire and work/shoot on about five different shoots locally.........

Oh and count me in.

I think it would probably have to work on an informal basis of invitations to existing shoots. Even just a pi55 up at the Imperial or Trafalgar perhaps? Then there's the driven shoots etc.

Hmm....

Postal events might work?

Or i could save you all the effort, just send the trophies directly to me

If ten or so could get together we could buy a day - somewhere like Hampshire - for next season. Either driven pheasant or maybe some semi-walked up?

What about an Arrse aggregate at the Imperial Historical?

HE117 said:
What about an Arrse aggregate at the Imperial Historical?
That might work but I have a sneaking suspicion that the "young gentlemen" that do TR might not like the disciplines the "cowboys" that do SR do and vise versa. (Henry does both.........badly!)
A curry in the Moghul in Brookwood after the event might actually be the better solution.

ugly

LE
Cuddles said:
If ten or so could get together we could buy a day - somewhere like Hampshire - for next season. Either driven pheasant or maybe some semi-walked up?
I like your thinking, I'll have a word with my boss in the morning and see if he will lay on a day walk and stand and at what price?
I'll do the beating and picking up.
As for a match, there is nothing to stop you forming a club or association. I was a club sec for a few years and we eventually went approved.
It all can be done and attendance once a year can count as regular. Volunteers to score targets from postals and we have a club!

Are there enough members with an interest to get a few disciplines together and perhaps create one of our own?

ugly

LE
Practical mortars perhaps, Long range IEDs, Home grown batsim, Sustained indirect fire, I'm sure we could think of some! I do like playing skittles with 12 bore slugs!

My club is having great difficulty finding ranges for full bore target shooting, as is LERA, I believe. So that kind of shooting might be difficult to organise.

ugly

LE
Vasco said:
My club is having great difficulty finding ranges for full bore target shooting, as is LERA, I believe. So that kind of shooting might be difficult to organise.
I suppose without Bisley there are only so many ranges available. I shot with 4 clubs in one year to keep my eye in and a lot of bookings were last minute cancellations. HBSA has a midweek target on Short Siberia so it can be done.

How about all the shooters post which discipline is their main focus so we get an idea of who does what........

Mines mainly Smallbore TR and Fullbore TR whenever I get the time and opportunity (never enough unfortunately:p).

Latest Threads