ARRSE shooting Club

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by EX_STAB, Jan 30, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Clearly PERSEC would be a major issue but lots of us on here shoot (Civvy style) How could it be made to work?

Edit. Now it's established I've removed the question mark from the title.
  2. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

Wait out - I might have an idea about that. Will enquire and reply in a couple of days!
  3. I may be interested in that, will need to be a fairly central enough location for as much as possible to join in
  4. Is this thread for gays only or can anyone join? (Arse..shooting..)
  5. Gays..........theres no gays in my village.

How central do you need to be. Live around South Oxfordshire and work/shoot on about five different shoots locally.........

Oh and count me in.
  6. I think it would probably have to work on an informal basis of invitations to existing shoots. Even just a pi55 up at the Imperial or Trafalgar perhaps? Then there's the driven shoots etc.

7. Postal events might work?

Or i could save you all the effort, just send the trophies directly to me
  8. If ten or so could get together we could buy a day - somewhere like Hampshire - for next season. Either driven pheasant or maybe some semi-walked up?
  9. Hold a virtual shoot on Second Life!
  10. What about an Arrse aggregate at the Imperial Historical?
  11. Or a Sweepstake event? Snaps on Short Siberia?
  12. That might work but I have a sneaking suspicion that the "young gentlemen" that do TR might not like the disciplines the "cowboys" that do SR do and vise versa. (Henry does both.........badly!)
    A curry in the Moghul in Brookwood after the event might actually be the better solution.
  13. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

I like your thinking, I'll have a word with my boss in the morning and see if he will lay on a day walk and stand and at what price?
    I'll do the beating and picking up.
    As for a match, there is nothing to stop you forming a club or association. I was a club sec for a few years and we eventually went approved.
    It all can be done and attendance once a year can count as regular. Volunteers to score targets from postals and we have a club!
  14. Are there enough members with an interest to get a few disciplines together and perhaps create one of our own?