ARRSE shooting Club Event No.2

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by EX_STAB, May 7, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Right then!

Time for another ARRSE shoot methinks!

A little bird tells me that one of the Bisley Clubs will be happy to act as host club for a second ARRSE Shoot. The club in question would rather stay anonymous until the day to avoid attracting unwelcome attention.

We now have a good model for how to manage PERSEC, Security and administration and the new Host Club can book the range and provide feeding and some accomodation at Bisley.

All that is lacking is:

1) A date.
    2) someone to organise it. (I'm very busy at present)

Can we have a volunteer to liase with the new Host Club (I can provide details) and arrange things? I think it would be best if this was one of the attendees from the last event.

Over to you....
  2. Come along now, let's be having you!
  3. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Just noticed this one, bump for news, I'm willing to lend a hand, have to fit in with my current shooting calendar, any ideas on dates?
    edited to add, needs to be before August Bank Holiday and before end of September, bearing in mind that all the competitions seem to be July to October.
  4. I am up for it but can't do 16 June or July 21 :)
  5. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Are we going for edwardian dress and pre 1939 rifles again?
    Its just that tweed gets a touch warm in August!
  6. A deerstalking theme would be ideal for the summer months. August is Stag season after all. Tweeds for traditionalists and a ghillie suit competition for the sneaky-beaky types.

Must re-barrel the Martini!

We're on!
  7. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

I can provide deer, fox and boar targets, a little easier than the Zulu to get past the NRA!
    Would it be cheaper to hire the sporting range rather than SS?
  8. We can look into that. I'd been thinking I'd not be at the Phoenix but if we can sort out some accommodation we might be. If so, we can investigate suitable ranges. You will know from my telex who we've approached about accommodation. Sadly the whole camp is apparently booked solid. However, we have a 14x14 GS tent so all is not lost.

I think the sporting ethos will make an interesting change from a purely military theme and will prompt people to bring out some interesting sporting arms. Considering the civilian stalking origin of the "ghillie suit" I think it wholly appropriate to include a "Ghillie suit" competition.

I'll post more in the week.
  9. Does this mean I will have to get my finger out and hurry Nhants police with the addition of the 7.62 on my licence?
  10. Yes, but all the best heads will still be in velvet.

Shoot me a fat knobber [so to say] for the freezer, and I'll pay well.

Keep us posted on that Martini!
  11. What, John Prescott?

Sorry for the lateness of my thoughts on this, just got back from Bisley doing a spot of butts duty for a sniper comp.
    Gillie suits? Sounds fun, I have only worn mine a couple of times since I left the mob and that has only been for the local neighbourhood watch group (dogging problem in the village!), probably need to go on ebay and get some more burlap for the patchy bits.

As mentioned elsewhere I can do score cards and probably RO on the day, (not sure if I am qualified to RO on the Sporting Range, thoughts Ugly?)
  12. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

What that lovely little strapless Laura Ashley version?

Mine will outmatch your floral pattern easily! However I am not certain that a subtle blend of heathers will work too well at Bisley ( It was designed for stalking in Jockland!!), but I will give it a shot (sic). :) :)
  13. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

I dont have sporting rifle on my out of date RCO cert, not that it matters as I can assist. Possibly better doing a sporting shoot with 3 animal target deliberate shoots followed by a snaps on some facing fox silhouettes that I have made. They can be attached to the fig 12 posts and hand held (from behind the mantlet). I would suggest a 100 yard option though!
  14. Sounds easier than the moving target thing. Short Siberia again? 100yd snap shooting prone and standing?
  15. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Sounds good to me!