Arrse Sausages! Whatever next?

Discussion in 'Charity Auctions' started by Grownup_Rafbrat, Aug 24, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Grownup_Rafbrat

Grownup_Rafbrat LE Good Egg (charities)

We've had a very generous offer from an arrser whose wife makes sausages. She will create a batch of pork sausages, with a flavour chosen by an arrser and a name chosen by an arrser, for us to sell or auction.

If it's a success, they'll keep the recipe going, with 10% of sales going to MDN's hamster-bothering fund.

The plan is to use this thread for arrsers to suggest an arrse-themed name and an ingredient (i.e. Bombardier beer for Gunner's Sausages, Grated Mushroom for Mr. Mushroom Head Sausages).

After a week we'll run a poll to pick the most popular ingredient an name, then we'll be selling/raffling/auctioning the sausages.

So, over to the imagination of arrsers. Please keep it clean-ish, remember that people will be eating the sausages (so Brasso and Blanco are off the ingredient list) and the name needs to be amusing but saleable.

Suggestions close on Monday 31st August at 6 p.m., when the poll will start.
  2. Haribo Starmix flavour - the choice of warriors :p
  3. Compo Sausages - food of the Gods. Now, if she can recreate those she'll be on to a winner!
  4. I suppose you could put field (wild) mushrooms in and call them soddages or add chilli and call them hottages.
  5. Grownup_Rafbrat

Have to admit that crossed my mind, but who could tell her the recipe without shooting her afterwards, which would be cruel?

I'm thinking 'Big Bertha' for the name, but can't think of an ingredient to represent it. They have to be pork, not bully-beef based!
  6. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

Pork and Chilli.... lots of chilli

named as "ARRSE burners"
  7. 100% pork

(M)ine are (D)arn (N)atural
  8. I can just imagine the Padre tucking into a Mine are Darn Natural sausage. Class
  9. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

"The Missing Sausage"

from the middle of a compo tin :cry:
  10. Massage my Passage Sossarges.

Now with 20% more gristle. :)
  11. Bacon Grill sausages.
    "exercise bangers"
  12. Grownup_Rafbrat

How about sausages with the brown sauce already in them?

Very handy on exercise, I'm sure.
  13. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

Pork with marmite and just a touch of Garlic;

The sausages that you hate to love! :D
  14. She's got the recipe from the 1954 Army Manual of Catering Services, if that's any help. And the one from the 1970 edition.
  15. BrunoNoMedals

BrunoNoMedals LE Reviewer

In homage to our esteemed ARRSE logo geezer, I reckon they should have potato in them. But they should also have swede in them too, since he wasn't really a spud (honest, Mattel), but a swede that got people confused...