Arrse + Safari = non-starter

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by viceroy, Aug 20, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. That is it really, been happening since yesterday I think. using Chrome now. Known issue?
  2. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

On a Mac or Windows?
  3. Strange I have little green squares all over the place on my iPad they appear to have brown pigs/cows in the the top left corner.
    Bloody things are every where being a bif I have zero idea if it's tits up and sprogs who understand these thing are away, I did ask the 87 year old ginger femal wear wolf that is taking up my time but alas all I got was brew toilet tablets.
  4. Using Safari v6 with adblock extension on a macbook pro, no issues at all.
  5. ARRSE has been playing up on my ipod for ages. I use the full site, it regularly crashes. Then, when I restart, I have to reselect the full site and sign back in. Despite having selected the 'Keep Me Signed-in' tick box. It started when that cookie thing appeared.
  6. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Roger all that. I haven't had any ipod issues, but will try again. Just confirm that's ipod not ipad?

Little brown pigs and cows sounds like an issue far beyond our ability to screw up.
  7. I was expecting lions, tigers and bears :eek:(
  8. Yes ipod.
  9. Mac. Happend on both my iMac at home yesterday and now through my MyFi on Mac book pro with a different ISP. Still going on, no issues with other sites so far. It builts up really slowly, over tens of minutes I reckon, no graphics though.

OSX 10.8
  10. And now from an ipod touch on the desktop theme also seemingly without problem. I would suggest trying the same - a full refresh by clearing the cache. This is an obvious option in safari settings
  11. and now back to the safe, reliable environment of a device not made by the big evil.
  12. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Ahhhhh.. that's better
  13. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

To be honest I think that's unlikely and while I agree that the developer tools are excellent, getting down into the weeds of javascript isn't much fun. The HTML rendering should be OK as Safari and Chrome are both Webkit browsers. Oh, and there are always errors!
  14. Trying to load the full site on my iPad and it won't load. Arrse app works fine. I'll try main site on my phone shortly.