ARRSE Regiment (V) Reserves

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Troops to assemble at Spoons in Swindon for MT pick up?
ang on I need a piss
We haven't got all day!
1623496480425.png

Chimp

ADC
Pintle mounted GPMGs on Zimmer frames.

Last edited:
Hot of the Press:
Annual Camp destination in September 2021 just announced and it will be BATUS.
But in reality 10 days at South Cerney waiting on Crap Airlines at Brize.

All trades welcome.
Bit worried about using the South Cerney for the air mounting if we are flying out of Brize, it’s a bit close by and will not necessitate a five hour coach journey at Oh My Christ o’clock.
Could we not have a temporary Mounting centre set up with the Scots DG in Leuchers especially as most of us don’t live anywhere near there.

OneTenner

LE
Book Reviewer
Would we have had bacon sarnies in thin white bread with big black oily fingerprints all over them.
( smelling faintly of diesel!).
I don't doubt it, most likely with a mug of port to wash it down with....

OneTenner

LE
Book Reviewer
" .....me battery in me hearing aid needs changing....anyone seen my zimmer?" :p
Good point - will there be anywhere to get another pair of 'readers' If I happen to mislay / sit on / break my travel ones?
Maybe scheduled trips on a coach to a Chemists could be put on daily orders?

Bit worried about using the South Cerney for the air mounting if we are flying out of Brize, it’s a bit close by and will not necessitate a five hour coach journey at Oh My Christ o’clock.
Could we not have a temporary Mounting centre set up with the Scots DG in Leuchers especially as most of us don’t live anywhere near there.
Well naturally, you can’t expect a hundred or so soldiers (who are used to generally doing what they are told, when they are told to do it, with no access to alcohol or other distractions) to be able to board the only aircraft leaving that day with anything less than 12 hours at the airport first.

Don’t go looking at how airlines manage to do it with 500 civilians (of varying nationalities and abilities to understand English, who have wandered off into bars and shops and lounges and are now happily pissed/lost and incapable of reading a departures board) in 3 hours, among the dozens of other flights and thousands of other passengers. It’s just not comparable.

Last edited:

PFGEN

GCM
Footwear in the mess. Slippers brown or black? With or without spurs? I find a nice pair of carpet slippers is much kinder on the feet after a long day and look quite the business when set off with a pair of spurs. (Wheeled spurs not recommended. They tend to cut up the carpet a bit.)

Footwear in the mess. Slippers brown or black? With or without spurs? I find a nice pair of carpet slippers is much kinder on the feet after a long day and look quite the business when set off with a pair of spurs. (Wheeled spurs not recommended. They tend to cut up the carpet a bit.)
Don't forget the egg stained Regt tie.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
wrt things in the Mess - can we please have Head Pads, (for leaning against), fitted on the urinal wall? I found them most useful at times - basically saved me heading for the gutter a few times!

RTU'd

LE
As most of those that have served with the 1st Battalion The Arrse Regiment have been banned at least once by the British Legion particularly for getting too drunk. It has been announced that Wetherspoons will now double as focal points for members of the regiment.

As most of those that have served with the 1st Battalion The Arrse Regiment have been banned at least once by the British Legion particularly for getting too drunk. It has been announced that Wetherspoons will now double as focal points for members of the regiment.
1st Bn to be known as 'The Spoons Own' ?

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Steady on old chap, not all that serve with such an illustrious line regiment will want to be associated with the spoons. For those on lesser money its Lidl or Aldi's 5ltr diamond white for entertaining the section with.
Is this you putting in your credentials for Mess Wine Member? If so join the fecking queue!

Latest Threads