ARRSE Regiment (V) Reserves

Had a look but don’t get it as the markings are all funny.
My enlistment papers were in cuneiform and I left my mark as requested.
Earn good salt, meet interesting women outside my own tribe, and have every weekend off to go and see my mum, I was told.
Ended up in a frozen shithole called Britannia. Ugly natives, no wine but awful porridge ale, and I have to wear socks with my sandals.
I would complain to my centurion, but he is from some other hellhole called Spain.
Heard there is something being set up called the legionnaires sergeant major. Might write to her to help. Think I got the pronoun right.

ad meliora

Had a look but don’t get it as the markings are all funny.
My enlistment papers were in cuneiform and I left my mark as requested.
Earn good salt, meet interesting women outside my own tribe, and have every weekend off to go and see my mum, I was told.
Ended up in a frozen shithole called Britannia. Ugly natives, no wine but awful porridge ale, and I have to wear socks with my sandals.
I would complain to my centurion, but he is from some other hellhole called Spain.
Heard there is something being set up called the legionnaires sergeant major. Might write to her to help. Think I got the pronoun right.
You're not up at Hardknott Pass FOB with those thieving Dacians? They'll nick anything for salt and all they want to do is bring their families over, settle in Liverpudlium and set up dodgy contracting firms, whilst scrounging off Rome.

I wouldn't waste my time sending a slave with a missive to the LSM. They spend all their time going to diversity conferences at Carthage and Byzantium. Bloody lumpy tabard.

You're not up at Hardknott Pass FOB with those thieving Dacians? They'll nick anything for salt and all they want to do is bring their families over, settle in Liverpudlium and set up dodgy contracting firms, whilst scrounging off Rome.

I wouldn't waste my time sending a slave with a missive to the LSM. They spend all their time going to diversity conferences at Carthage and Byzantium. Bloody lumpy tabard.
Yeah, fair enough. Guess it wasn’t what it was cracked up to be. Suppose I‘ll do my time, take my pension and settle down somewhere. If I don’t get a pilum up me sternum in the meantime.
Maybe find a local lass to shack up with and see out my days. No regrets, no complaining.
Reckon that’s what us squaddies have always done, just got on with it.

Yeah, fair enough. Guess it wasn’t what it was cracked up to be. Suppose I‘ll do my time, take my pension and settle down somewhere. If I don’t get a pilum up me sternum in the meantime.
Maybe find a local lass to shack up with and see out my days. No regrets, no complaining.
Reckon that’s what us squaddies have always done, just got on with it.
Yeah the pension is worth waiting for. Do 20 years as a Legionnaire and you'll get a Centurion's pension.Get a bit of fencible land in Northumbria, work as a stoker down at the local baths and plant some vines. Who knows? Wine might eventually become popular in Britannia

Last edited:
Yeah the pension is worth waiting for. Get a bit of fencible land in Northumbria, work as a stoke down at the local baths and plant some vines. Who knows? Wine might eventually become population on Britannia
Carpe vinum

Yeah the pension is worth waiting for. Get a bit of fencible land in Northumbria, work as a stoke down at the local baths and plant some vines. Who knows? Wine might eventually become population on Britannia
It’ll never catch on. The locals in Britannia don’t go much for the drink.

ACAB

LE
I can run the laminating office, 350 biff chits issued per day should be achievable, though not this week as I'm off sick with bone spurs.
We managed 650 ISAF cards in an evening, complete with photographs.

The Canadian bitch.....................

I can run the laminating office, 350 biff chits issued per day should be achievable, though not this week as I'm off sick with bone spurs.
Can you re-purpose the office from laminating to fablon please?

Makes it a lot easier to fold up and keep in ones (2-tone) lightweights.

Thanks in advance.

OC Midday Gun

DqIlICBXcAAbT2w.jpg

I much prefer the other thread from a few years back.

Can you re-purpose the office from laminating to fablon please?

Makes it a lot easier to fold up and keep in ones (2-tone) lightweights.

Thanks in advance.

OC Midday Gun

If print finishing is being considered, you may as well include a printing and stationery section in the new regiment. That would mean a recall to arms for me so can I get dibs on an upstairs room, at the end of a corridor, in the mess. I shall also need a couple of shapely lumpy jumpers to make sure I am sufficiently distracted to maintain a less than useful level of service.

Latest Threads