Arrse power - a military Safe

Anyone ever had the pleasure of moving one of these?

safe.jpg

I have to chance to blag this one but its a heavy bugger. Even with the door open and using it as a fulcrum I cannot lift it one mm.

Anybody had to install, move one and if so How?

Ta

No bolts its kin heavy, hence as it is " not on the books" the QM says dispose of locally.

My house would be nice but bloody difficult if four big strong squaddies paid in beer cannot shift it.

Anyone ever had the pleasure of moving one of these?

View attachment 322053

I have to chance to blag this one but its a heavy bugger. Even with the door open and using it as a fulcrum I cannot lift it one mm.

Anybody had to install, move one and if so How?

Ta
Open door.
Use crowbar as lever under door, and lift one end of crowbar with scissors jack.
stick brick/wooden wedge under safe - as well as under door - as it comes off floor.
Then place scissor jack under door, lift until body of safe is high enough to allow pallet truck underneath.
Use cargo strap and ratchet to deag safe on to pallet truck.

Now it is mobile.

Open door.
Use crowbar as lever under door, and lift one end of crowbar with scissors jack.
stick brick/wooden wedge under safe - as well as under door - as it comes off floor.
Then place scissor jack under door, lift until body of safe is high enough to allow pallet truck underneath.
Use cargo strap and ratchet to deag safe on to pallet truck.

Now it is mobile.
how do I get the pallet jack through a normal sized office door?

Some body got in in there , I'm thinking of a couple or 4 of the 300 KG freezer rollers using the crowbar jack method , into the corridor and then use a pallet jack to lift and into a vehicle but as my house has three floors all with stairs up or down christ knows where Iwill put it . Kind of defeats the purpose if I leave it on the drive.

how do I get the pallet jack through a normal sized office door?

Some body got in in there , I'm thinking of a couple or 4 of the 300 KG freezer rollers using the crowbar jack method , into the corridor and then use a pallet jack to lift and into a vehicle but as my house has three floors all with stairs up or down christ knows where Iwill put it . Kind of defeats the purpose if I leave it on the drive.
You do get very thin pallet jacks.

As far as the stairs go... sorry cannot assist you there.

Wedge it one side, wedge it the other side, jack it if necessary, pallet truck to vehicle.

At your house you need a stair climbing sack cart thingy, like this. Check the usual tool-hire suspects.

Wesco LiftKar HD Universal Frame Powered Stair Climbing Hand Truck

Then you can do this:

If they don't exist in the UK you have a business opportunity;). Taking delivery of an 800lb gun safe happens frequently with the idiots I know.

We only have a big one at work. Im thinking the OM is correct and t will cost more to shift that recover as it is not on the inventory.

Bugger hate giving up something for free.
I bet you wish you knew some Kingos now, eh?

Wedge it one side, wedge it the other side, jack it if necessary, pallet truck to vehicle.

At your house you need a stair climbing sack cart thingy, like this. Check the usual tool-hire suspects.

Wesco LiftKar HD Universal Frame Powered Stair Climbing Hand Truck

Then you can do this:

If they don't exist in the UK you have a business opportunity;). Taking delivery of an 800lb gun safe happens frequently with the idiots I know.
Great shame I live in Italy:). Also the marble and terra-cotta stair tiles might take a beating.

this may help with the planning.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
ACAB The NAAFI Bar 444
vvaannmmaann The NAAFI Bar 3
vvaannmmaann The NAAFI Bar 6