ARRSE outing - lots of Guns - Are you interested?

Discussion in 'ARRSE Social, Events & Networking' started by Hellmans, Jun 25, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Last weekend I attended an Open Day at the Small Arms School Corps Weapons Collection at Warminster.

I have thought about organising an ARRSE outing to the collection. There would be a charge, which would go to Hols4Heroes.

I may even be able to sort out a buffet for lunch at a per head cost.

This thread is to sound out interest.

Would you go?

Also, please feel free to indicate what you would pay, for example, would £20 each be too much (buffet extra).

Here are a few photos of what to expect. There would probably be a guided tour followed by a slow time , walk round, handle certain weapons, ask lots of questions etc.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Not a bad idea but what about an arrse shooting day. Many arrsers have some surprising weapons could be fun. over to the shooters.

3. I would love to attend, but it is unrealistic given that I dwell in the barren north. Any chance of an event any chance of some event being arranged around here, funds to Hols4Heroes?

4. Try the Pattern Room, now renamed the National Firearms Collection, at the Royal Armouries in Leeds. When it was run by the MoD at the Royal Small Arms Facory in Enfield it was a world leading museum/research library and rightfully claimed to have an example of every weapon ... in the world.

It is now run by the fluffy cluddly 'don't hurt the grass' brigade in the Department of Culture, Media and Sport. I'm sure you can guess just how much priority and funding they give to a very large room full of guns(about 20,000 guns)...

Visits are possible but will probrably not be as easy as one to the SASC collection. I have just been on the Royal Armouries website, try http://www.royalarmouries.org/root/what-we-do/research .

PM and let me know how you got on.

5. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

I would be up for this, looks pretty impresive.

6. You can sign me up

7. I went there recently, and it's a superb collection. I would certainly go again if given the chance.

8. Bouillabaisse

Bouillabaisse LE Book Reviewer

If you organise it count me in. £20 sounds ok to me

9. I'm in for this!

10. I'd be interested in this.

11. I'd be interested, sounds like good fun!

12. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

It's been done at least once mate; the infamous M'Boto Gorge meet at Bisley.
    A great day out, and as you suggested lots of interesting gats. The main problem is that a lot of people have fallen out of love with Bisley and the NRA, so it never really happened again.

As for the SASC suggestion; great, would love to go and £20 sounds about spot on!

13. Right, looks like we can make a few quid for Hols4Heroess.

I will make some phone calls...................wait out :D

14. I'm up for this, count me in :)