ARRSE on the Beeb at 6

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Mighty_Blighty, Dec 27, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. :D :D :D :D :D

I can't believe nobody has mentioned this yet. Anyone see the nice ARRSE name drop on the 6 O'Clock news on the beeb, it was during the Gen Sheriif article.

The world affairs editor, even spelt it out (obviously couldn't say ar(r)se on the news :D )

:D :D :D :D :D

2. He also gave a quick plug for BAFF.

3. but what did they say about us?

4. Yep forgot to mention that in my eagerness to get posting :roll:

Hopefully 'the times, they are a changin'

Although, my wish-bone wish didn't come true, the plane didn't quite crash and burst into flames, it almost did though 8)

5. First newspapers, now the beeb, soon we'll be able to stand for government :D

6. Just mentioned that guys in the sandpit are posting their gripes on here :?

It also called it a new site :D

7. Seen it, the sites getting famous.

8. The article on the beeb didn't mention 'perverted', 'sick' or 'obscene' when describing the site so my guess is they didn't visit the Naafi!

9. Yeap - Mrs Batfink was tremendously impressed by the way that the media - the BBC no less - are taking an interest in a website I've been talking about for ages!

10. Did anyone get mentioned? Hopefully some people will be getting crated!!

As long as the BBC put in the effort; as with all media, to distinguish the views of those serving, ex-serving and civvies; otherwise there could be problems for the site/users/media

11. Nope afraid not, you'll have to buy your own ale crabby :D

12. Not something a tight, soap-dodging dirty civvy wants to do!! Will have to run home to mummy and daddy.

How about a new ARRSE medal? "MIM" - mentioned in media.

Many were in that independant article about CDS - including our very own depraved matelot

13. I wonder how long it will take the Gov to "mysteriously" shut down the ARRSE site???? You know how sneaky the Gov can be.

14. Don't let SLRcnut get wind of your new conspiracy theory!!