ARRSE on Newsnight

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by theloggie, Aug 10, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Bit of a coup for the site regarding freedom of expression with the press under the new DIN. ARRSE was mentioned spcificaly a number of times, including exclusively by an 'expert'!!

A particular congratulation to 'Hackle' whose monicer was spotted specifically!
  2. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

And what a very lovely tie Hackle was wearing for his comment piece too.
  3. As a former member of the Army, let them try and shut me up. ARRSE has hit home too much and the big knobs don't like it.

It IS about control.
  4. The RUSI man's defence of MOD seems particularly ironic, given that the old DCI made specific provision for participation in RUSI activities and the DIN does not. No more question and answer sessions, chaps, if members of the media or public might be present.
  5. Or indeed have some unauthorised view of the dicussion or results
  6. Saw it, excellent Hackle :)

The chap at the end in the studio was very good too. So Arrse has been on telly since about 06.00 this morning as far as I can see.
  7. And where will RUSI get their learned articles from if they can't publish the Chiefs of Staff (every one of them has published a RUSI article in the last year), and even more learned views from the Director of the Defence Academy?

Over 50 postings on the Newsnight blog even before the programme started. Compare the 13 in total that their F&M blog drew last night. Unless it's all us (doesn't read like it is).

Hackle - congrats on drawing the Newsnights reporter's attention.
  8. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

9. if any serving personnel wish to speak freely then i am offering my big gob as a loudhailer so you dont mention that the blocks or kit is in shit state. Everything anyone wants to know about the forces is on google anyway. oops gave it all away!! David shaylor or what!
  10. its not on the watch again ...... other than haveiung a big fat this cannnot be shown for copyright reasons flapped all over it .... if i end up on youtube can someone pop up a link ....
  11. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

Ignore my last tonight's version is now up and running- I was watching last night's edition!!!!
  12. HUMMM is ASDA open thinking i might needing an extra roll or two