ARRSE on Google.....

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by BFG 9000, Feb 28, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Not found a job yet then, mate.

2. msr

msr LE

Where do you get that figure from? I see 75,600

msr

3. [​IMG]

TTFN

BFG

4. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

To be honest something that concerns us much more is where we feature on the search list for certain keywords. 'British Army' is the one that we'd like to be top off ..... alas we're currently No 8 behind some wierd website called army.mod.uk - not sure who they are!

5. I could have sold you that URL as well.

Unfortunately my Quality Street wasn't forthcoming from my first sale (for free) of domain names to you, so I sold it to tony.

6. BCO,

You know its just a wordsearch. As far as i can tell the most visited page on army.mod.uk is serving soldier - fill any spare space on the site with the words Serving Soldier and army.mod.uk in the colour of the background. Google is a fickle mistress but it loves word hits

7. Just nick the meta keywords and write British Army as much as possible :)

8. Assume it is the same in the UK but in Hong Kong Google and Yahoo charge to get your site come up more when people search. We had to do this for our company site as it was not coming up high on the list of results.

9. i got 1.43m on my second go...... anyone reckon they can beat that? :p

10. .com and .co.uk dont as far as I know

11. We're now 5th on the Global search, and 4th in the UK only listings, following closely up behind Wikipedia and the official Army pages.