ARRSE not breaking injunctions

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by Danny_Dravot, Nov 18, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Clearly there have been 'issues' with the recent court case involving Harringey council, social services and the death of a child (you know the one).

I read in the papers that some web-sites had potentially breached the court order.

My question is this:

If a web-site is 'hosted' outside of the UK / Europe and a forum poster breaches an injunction through that website, then is any (UK) law being broken?

If so...is there scope to 'host' ARRSE outside of the UK to prevent such an incident in the future and safeguard the freedom of speech of the ARRSE community?

2. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

Potentially but both GCO & myself are UK based. For fairly obvious reasons we'd prefer to avoid any suggestion that we're guilty of giving HM judiciary a stiff ignoring ......

There are also some fairly good practical reasons why we occasionally need to physically access our servers. Basing them in Iranistan would obviously make this more challenging.

Finally if you can find a UK site where 'freedom of speech' is practised to a greater extent than ARRSE then I'd be interested to know about it.

3. erm...good point!