ARRSE News Letter

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by Notmechief, Aug 24, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have just received the following email:

I am already subscribed to the newletter and have been receiving them. So, is this a genuine email from ARRSE and do I need to click the link. ??

2. Got it too. And I don't think I had changed anything on my subscription. Maybe it's a test to see how susceptible we might be to phishing attacks.

The link is to olivenet.co.uk, though so should be okay-ish.

3. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

My mistake. A load of people will have got these without making any changes to your settings. It's because I had to delete one mailing list complete and start again - for one section of the import I ticked the wrong box and those emails went out.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

4. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

It'll go out this afternoon by the way. Chance to win a copy of Black Hearts for almost no effort included.

5. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

Strangely I have received the newsletter to an email address I deleted over a year ago but have not received it to the one Arrse currently have.
    Gremlins in the system?

6. Hi,
    I haven't recieved the newsletter, does it get sent out in 1 lump or several?

Kind regards,

RM

7. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

Have you checked your spam file? After many months of receiving it without problems, both Yahoo and Gmail have now seen fit to class the newsletter as spam and file accordingly.

8. Sixty,
    Cheers for the heads up , yup was sitting my spam folder in gmail !!

Kind regards,

RM

9. Still not receiving the newsletter(s). PM sent to GCO (in hope)

10. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Mmmm.... not good. I wonder what we did to deserve 'spam'. Maybe something to do with content or language. I'll try and work it out.

11. Sixty

Gmail did it with the July newsletter as well boss but every one before that arrived with no problems.

12. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

#
    Adding.
    I received the newsletter eventually at my 'correct' account followed closely by a second (or third depending how you look at it) at my 'old' one.

13. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

multiple ARRSE accounts with different emails? We just pull the address list off the user database

14. Sixty

Just to confirm GCO that both Gmail & Yahoo are no longer treating the newsletter as spam. Received by both today.

15. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

Excellent, we've just invested in some much better newsletter software which we hope will mean that these sort of troubles are a thing of the past .....

For those who haven't received it then click here for the Sept 2010 Newsletter