ARRSE Mentioned on MoD website

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by Speedy, Apr 10, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Thanks to Hello365 for this one.

Nice to see the site recognised, but it does strike me as a bit hypocritical that they can only relise that good suggestions can come from all corners and not the decision making classes. It also strikes me that most would not even bother with it as it circumvents the chain of command. After all, if something is a good idea than why isn't it happening at a local level if already suggested, and wgat happens when someone is credited with something which has been turned down at a local level? Is his commander made to look a fool? Has his authority been circumvented?
    It seems this is proberbly more of a PR exercise more tahn anything and the complete unfreindlynessof the page is a turn off for a start!! What junior rank is going to start contacting an SO1 for Gods sake!!!! The MoD still has a lot to learn about man management and interpersonal skills. The MoD page is clear evidence of this.
  2. Speedy - good spot.

...and your details will be placed on a master database at APC for reference at every board you are run past in the future. :D

Speedy - at least the Army are providing a service - if people are sufficiently moved to raise an issue, they know it's going the right way, even if it does end up in File 13.

Note to DAPS: To capitalise on this, you should endeavour to reply to all respondents so that they fell valued by 'the system' otherwise you'll get nothing. Copy the 'Dear Command Secretary' model in use at LAND for some more guidance if required.

Passing suggestions across an SO1 intermediary will also act as a filter to remove a lot of extraneous garbage - that's what ARRSE is for after all! :D
  3. MS_Rep

MS_Rep RIP

Agree with the above.

It's a good try but probably unworkable!

If DAPS are responsible for formulating personnel strategy they are hardly likely to want to get involved with reality and dealing with why LCpl Smith did not get promoted last year!

IMO they should stick to their main task and leave the CofC to deal with the here and now.

Now, if anyone on here has any ideas on Army HR strategy 2010-2020 it may be worth contacting them :wink: :wink:

I'll get my coat.
  5. MS_Rep

MS_Rep RIP

:D :D
  6. 'Forget ARRSE...' - how dare they!?
  7. Indeed, Queensman!

To be fair, this DAPS webpage isnt new, and isnt a dismissive response to anything we might have been up to lately.

It took me a long time to twig that "Forget ARRSE ... We are known as AG’s ‘Brain’" was partly meant to be humorous. Nice one :roll:
  8. They're not keen on us then? I'd take it as a compliment that they have recognised the broadness of our brush and the length of our reach (doesn't that sound f*cking naff eh? :lol: ). works both ways eh? Anybody reading that who hasn't heard of ARRSE will soon be taking a gander at what it's all about.

Does anybody actually read that site apart from the careerists and those hoping to join up? It looks very dull. It looks like it was designed by a dull man. A dull man, who's duller than a dull thing from Dulwich.
  9. They are the AG's 'brain' apparantly. If I was the AG, I'd be f*cking offended by that. It suggests that he hasn't got one.

I wonder who his arrsehole is?
  10. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

I have just fallen off my chair in the Paradigm cabin.....
    :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: