ARRSE membership: what does it mean to us?

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by bovvy, Jun 30, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I like this site. I like to keep abreast of current affairs. I find that I prefer to read "news" in a "debate-style" format. Much of the news is about the "war on terrorism" and I prefer to hear the opinions of those on "the shop-floor". So, when I log on to ARRSE, the first thing I do is to read the latest news articles. If, after reading a selection of opinions, I feel there is something I wish to add to the debate, I would do so. But, more often than not, the opinion that I have has already been expressed. So then I move to the humourous stuff (probably more my level) and tend to post in that thread. So ............. what do you get out of ARRSE????????
  2. Cheese and pineapple on a stick.
  3. the ability to get stuff off my chest that my own rank structure would not listen to or understand.

help from the vast range of experience.

humour... when you have just had enough.

and pretty much anything in the lamp and sandbag. (especially stumpy the wonder dog!)
  4. It means each and every voice in my head has a place to vent its splien! It also means I have to mop up coffee etc from a laptop and a keyboard and monitor quite frequently - some people are just sooooo fcuking funny!
  5. And I usually find your "vents" an interesting read, Easy.
  6. What do I get out of ARRSE?

£40 000 a year, unrestricted use of the ARRSE Aston Martin, 6 weeks holiday, healthcare plan, pension scheme, first class international travel. Access to the ARSSE goat being phased in during 2007/2008

Any one who has negotiated less should see the COs
  7. Its a great site. I personally avoid the "current affairs" as most of the time it sounds like a Tory party tea party, which we all know is poo. And its great for winding everybody up and ripping the pi$$
  8. I love the troll baiting and the comedy.
    I enjoy reading the serious threads even though I very rarely contribute to them.
    I find ARRSE to be a very useful in gaining answers to any questions I may have within minuets of posting.
    The money raised for charity and worthy causes on this site is very impressive.
    This site keeps me entertained while at work and I’ve even met some good people here who I’ve enjoyed having a beer with and chatting to over the net.

But mostly I love the troll baiting :D
  9. The air of sophistication, the witty and subtle reparte, the endless topics on wanking.

All of them draw me nigh. Plus, it's nice to feel part of something bigger, even if it does moan all the time.
  10. I think it is great. Well done to the CO's and all the ARRSE users that have made it what it is. I use it for the humour and occasional vent. I think the banter is great and livens an otherwise boring day.

I rarely use the current affairs, except for updates on events in operational theatres. I get enough political crap on the TV, plus TCB winds me up should just feck off!!

Other peoples opinions and viewpoints on certain subjects/threads can be quite enlightening and, at times, very funny.
  11. I love baiting simpletons. And then watching them cry their eyes out;

Oh, btw, Bhagwan (which is the correct spelling for your nick), I've reported you to bad CO as you are inciting a crime (change of an N.I, number, which is a crime and also informed the RAF P&SS.

Thought as I work there, CI may be interested and hey Bingo.... passed on to Met for i-net crime, LOL, lovely doing this job.... fancy inciting a person on the wanted list to abscond longer after wanting advice to hand himself in. Your wife (or boyfriend) will be proud of you when that letter plops through your box!!!!

God thank you for this gracious opportunity x

12. really??!

(your not being sarcastic are you? i havent offended you in any way have i?)

13. I'm just amazed that squaddies and ex-squaddies can not only string words together to make (generally) reasonable approximations to sentences, but also have mastered the correct series of button-pushes and mouse-clicks to be able to post their thoughts.

Defence Writing must have been taught to a wider audience than I ever thought possible.

- It's also dead good because nobody can see what expression you have on your face while you are typing or reading.
  14. I like laboons and ice cream.

And the fact that I have got someone posted here, that I haven't seen for 6 years, who is fcuking wetting himself laughing at the Handicapped Children thread. I haven't even asked him if he knows what "skiffing" is yet.......
  15. You're not the first to be amazed. George III was incredulous at Admiral Collingwood's beautiful dispatch, declaring that he thought it impossible that a military officer could pen such a dexterous missive (OK, I'm being floral with the English language here).

Judging by most "Defence Writing" I have seen, which probably originated from "Yes Minister", the narrower the audience, the better.

What trade were you PIMH?