Arrse medals

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by cohnee, Mar 31, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just joined and donated a couple of quid and now find myself in possesion of a rack of medals, but only have a few posts to my name.

How exactly does the medal system work (i.e. how many posts per medal, etc)?

regards, cohnee

2. I believe if you donate anything you get a full rack of five medals plus the MiA (Mention in Arrse). If you donate £25 you get the GCM (General Cash Medal - the nice gold one) and £100 you get the ADC (Arsse Donation Cross).

If you don't donate you get your first medal for 10 posts, your second for 50 posts and your third for 100 posts - not too sure after that.

3. Careful, you'll be investigated next by the Met! Cash for awards, even on Arrse - what a scandal!!

4. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

More information also on the ARRSEpedia. Unfortunately we're not in the position to offer anyone a peerage just yet ......

5. and if you donated to chandler's fund through paypal, you get bugger all ;)

6. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

I'm sure you are aware that Chandler's fund was actually nothing to do with the site although we were pleased to be able to support the fund raising effort by providing publicity.

Site fund raising has managed to raise the following sums though:

1. £500 for Nigel Hounslo - 'the war vet who beat up a hoodie'

2. £1000 for the Royal British Legion though a charity auction last Remembrance Day.

3. Approx £400 for Mr Barry, the Normandy Vet who was attacked.

4. A significant amount for the Glider Pilot Regiment fund through the efforts of MDN and others.

7. Well thats reasurring to know.

I shall keep a look out for any of the charity funds