Arrse Medals

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by SnakeBite, Oct 18, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I haven't the geeky internet skill to make the images of the medals available to our brave arrse contributors appear here within my quote, but you should all recognise this from the donations link on the site frontpage.

My question is this: When you donate £25 in a year you qualify for the GCM. Fair enough. Then when you donate £100 you are awarded with the ADC. Nice one! But the shocking thing is, you seem to lose the right to wear the GCM!

Can the Arrse Medal Awards authority clarify this for me??!!

2. Think of it as 'earned the right to wear the ADC' as opposed to 'losing the right to wear the GCM'. ;)

3. Must be an officer thing! The more money you have the more chance of getting a medal based on poor peoples efforts! Then you lose the things that really matter, like your stones!

4. where's my not shagging dale medal with oak leaves for extra GBH. I have been recommended for it yet the CO's have not given it to me yet

5. I have both the Bosnia and Kosovo NATO medals, therefore i am not entitled to wear the new pan-Balkans medal if i end up back out there. Fair enough. But the ADC is quite clearly an award for outstanding contribution, not a theatre-based medal (we all are operational in Arrse!).

If I were to be awarded a real-life MC, I am damn sure I would still wear it if I were awarded a GC or VC!!!

So if i should make the ultimate sacrifice and give up £100 of my ill-gotten wages, after an initial £25 to earn my GCM, I would demand my right to wear my GCM as well as the ADC! Purely for the time spent in separate conflicts (with my bank account!!)

6. I shall forward your request to the AMAA.

7. Thanks Flash.

I look forward to the outcome of the boards deliberations!!

Those entitled should wear with pride! (Unless you served on Telic, then you can just wait.......................................)