ARRSE Masonic Outing

Which date is better for you?

  • Saturday 2nd Feb

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Saturday 9th Feb

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Neither date is good, can we have a weekday crawl?

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    0
#1
Greetings to all,

Further to this thread: HERE and BigReds excellent suggestion, I have been doing a bit of homework to organise this.

I now need to know which day we would rather go, so please vote accordingly and either post here or PM me.

The basic plan is to meet up at GQS. We would need to be there for 1015 to start the tour at 1030. On Saturdays they only do the one tour and I would need to know numbers ASAP (and real names as they require a list to be faxed off to them).

Afterwards, maybe a spot of lunch in one of the nearby pubs and those who wanted to could stay on for a few sociable beers and maybe make a night of it, if people are interested.

If this would be too early in the day for people to make it into the Big Smoke, we could maybe look into a weekday tour as they do tours up to 1600 but I would probably not be able to make that.

S+F

Tubs
 
#2
May be able to join up with the Brethren Tubs, depends on the real Master (she who should be obeyed). PM me as and when but don't leave it too late.

S&F,
NFC
 

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
#5
Tubbyboy said:
EX_STAB said:
Just for a moment I thought someone was going to "out" all the masons on ARRSE! ;)
I think most of us have already outed ourselves! :D

My names Tubs, and I'm a Mason. :wink:
Thank feck I have found one at last. Are you free this wekend to come round and fix the stonework on my house. Took a bit of a battering in the gales. :wink:
 
#6
Auld-Yin said:
Tubbyboy said:
EX_STAB said:
Just for a moment I thought someone was going to "out" all the masons on ARRSE! ;)
I think most of us have already outed ourselves! :D

My names Tubs, and I'm a Mason. :wink:
Thank feck I have found one at last. Are you free this wekend to come round and fix the stonework on my house. Took a bit of a battering in the gales. :wink:
I don't think you can call the local YMCA shelter a 'house'.

Keep necking that Buckfast jock, the world will seem a much harsher place without it.
 
#7
Tubbs,

Put me down for this - we could do lunch at Mark Masons Hall, St. James's Street, W1.

They do a carvery lunch and there is a private bar.

0207 839 5274
 
#8
JoseyWales said:
Tubbs,

Put me down for this - we could do lunch at Mark Masons Hall, St. James's Street, W1.

They do a carvery lunch and there is a private bar.

0207 839 5274
Good call but with numbers involved it will be necessary to book. I'm also not sure about the restaurant being open on Saturdays, if that becomes the chosen day.
 
#9
I cant make it but wish you all a good day out and maybe next time if I am in UK.

S&F

Rogerout
 
#10
I am up for this trip and can do either proposed date
edited to add: just been told I can't do the 9th
 
#12
I made a slight boo-boo when I voted. Upon looking at my diary, I now see that I would be more likely to attend the 9th so scratch one vote for the 2nd and add one to the 9th!

D'Oh!!!
 
#13
Unable to make either date as 0A is on tour, and little 0A goes to music school on a Saturday. Half term starts the week after both those Saturdays work for me
S&F
 
#14
well, here is a quandry. I'm working on the 2nd, so thats out and on the 9th I have a meeting (10:30 in the morning) which I really should attend (I am the candidate for this particular degree!). I will see what day is chosen, and if it is the 9th see what time kick off will be and work it from there.

JC
 
#16
smudge67 said:
Can I come? Even though I'm not a Mason? ;)
For myself, I don't see why not. The tour is open to the public and you won't be seeing anything secret. I think there are already about 2 or 3 non-Masons who have expressed an interest via PM. Who knows, people might find their interest piqued.

What do other people think?

Tubs
 
#17
theslayerofmen said:
well, here is a quandry. I'm working on the 2nd, so thats out and on the 9th I have a meeting (10:30 in the morning) which I really should attend (I am the candidate for this particular degree!). I will see what day is chosen, and if it is the 9th see what time kick off will be and work it from there.

JC
Unfortunately they only run one tour on a Saturday and that starts at 1030....

From the responses so far it looks like it'll be the 9th. You could always come along for drinks afterwards though?

Tubs
 

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top