ARRSE loading on half of screen.

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by dingerr, Jan 17, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I use an IPad and have not had any previous problems loading and viewing ARRSE.

However, when I tried this morning ARRSE only loads on half the screen, it's the full site of ARRSE, nothing is missing or clipped, except it is half the size asking it tiny. The remainder of the screen is just grey.

I've looked at other sites in an effort to fault find and they appear to be working fine so I suspect it is ARRSE itself or some setting that needs adjusting.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. are you using the browser, or the app?
  3. Browser (via Safari)
  4. I am getting a stretched page on my lap top. Bloody annoying.
  5. Same on my laptop

Scroll bar on the bottom, get Arrse at full screen but can scroll over to an equal amount of empty space.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Just tried my iPad Dinger. Same result. Half a page and it's never done it before. Using the normal Safari browser.

I have the app, but don't like it. (I realise it's still being tweaked and modded)
  7. It was fine this morning for me, on the ipad.
  8. Same here, then I went away for a few hours and when I came back I was as described.
  9. Boldnotold

Boldnotold LE Book Reviewer

On my laptop it all loads, but positions the view halfway across the populated screen and halfway across the white space. Only have to use the scroll bar to put things right, but it's a mildly irritating new addition.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. For some reason, the advanced search button is now a screen away to the right.

But notifications are back in purple!
  11. Ah, back to normal again. Has someone been 'fettling in the background?
  12. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

yup - hangover from the update a couple of days ago. Still fixing as we go.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Good man yerself.
  14. Thanks GCO, appears fixed now.
  15. Boldnotold

Boldnotold LE Book Reviewer

Fixed here too thank you.