ARRSE Kennel Club - A Dog Owners Thread

Baby Maggie joins the madhouse on Monday.
Maggie 2.jpg
Maggie.jpg

@marty870 - She is beautiful! I am a sucker for spaniels. All the dogs in my life have been either English Springers or English Cockers. Nice dogs and smart dogs.
I hope you live near water, mine always loved swimming and happily I have the beach at the end of my street.
Best of luck with her. I like the fact that you named her for the late PM. (My most recent ESS was a B&W female named Elizabeth, my son wanted her to have a very English name and who more English than HM)

@marty870 - She is beautiful! I am a sucker for spaniels. All the dogs in my life have been either English Springers or English Cockers. Nice dogs and smart dogs.
I hope you live near water, mine always loved swimming and happily I have the beach at the end of my street.
Best of luck with her. I like the fact that you named her for the late PM. (My most recent ESS was a B&W female named Elizabeth, my son wanted her to have a very English name and who more English than HM)
Thanks David but she isn't a Spaniel, she's another Italian Spinone:)

Here's mine for you then @DavidBOC - I'm also a sucker for spaniels, he's my 4th springer, all rescues. I have a 14 y/o too and when he joins his brother under the apple tree I'll take on another - once you start having 2 you always have to I think! Company for each other when I'm out at work.

IMG_1593.JPG

Thanks David but she isn't a Spaniel, she's another Italian Spinone:)
Even at my age I learn something new every day. I had never heard of a Spinone. She does have spanieley looking ears though. cute pup.

@amapola - Love your king of the snow mounds. Handsome creature. It's funny about snow. When I first got the late Elizabeth as a pup it was at the start of one of the snowiest winters in New England history. After her initial WTF at the feel of snow under her paws she grew to love snow. As a small pup I would walk her on a leach and all you could see was a leash descending into a moving pile of snow. She romped in it, played in it, ate it, rolled in it and came to regard snow as her natural environment. When spring arrived sometime in April she would seek out mounds of melting snow to play on. I think she missed it when the snow had all melted.

This is the second photo of this pair I’ve posted. What on earth sort of behaviour pattern is the little one exhibiting? She was doing it all the time.... only 9 months old and the lab is 9 years - comfort of some sort but most strange and I’ve not seen it before.
It is SOP for baby animals to stand on grown ups. See it all the time - have a shufti at the lambs in the fields. They clamber all over their poor old mums. Nothing to worry about.

[Ah! moment DRIFT]

Who ever thought a rhinoceros, and a hippopotamus could be described as “cute”?!

[Ah! moment /DRIFT]

Conniesdad: Always wanted a greyhound or whippet! She was a lovely looking dog & sadly missed I'll bet.
A rescue greyhound makes a lovely pet - I had eight wonderful years with a daft old ex-racer.

A lovely old boy - I miss him every day.

You'll never regret having a greyhound.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Sharing a rare sunny Spring morning after been on the local beach. I'm having a bacon roll he thinks he's having some. He did.
image.jpeg

As if you could refuse.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
As if you could refuse.
In the Sumer it's ice cream, he finishes the cone, but only if it's Cornish or vanilla. He's a fussy so and so at times.=-D