ARRSE Kennel Club - A Dog Owners Thread

Teddy has now been diagnosed with Alzheimer's to add to his ever increasing list of ailments. He has trouble settling and walks in circles for minuits at a time. nights are the worst he hardly gets any sleep but now sleeps through the day.
He will be 17 in may he had a stroke last year has had a heart condition for the past 5 years has chronic arthritis. Also he takes meds for liver and kidney function. He has cataracts and is partially deaf.
Because of all his other meds, 7 a day in all the vet won't give him anything for the alzheimer's
His condition will get worse i know but as long as he enjoys his life and doesn't suffer i refuse to give up on him. View attachment 323173
Where's the Love button when you really need it. You are so lucky he chose you and yours to share his life. Keeping fighting Teddy

Bless him,
"His condition will get worse i know but as long as he enjoys his life and doesn't suffer i refuse to give up on him." agree 100%

Teddy has now been diagnosed with Alzheimer's to add to his ever increasing list of ailments. He has trouble settling and walks in circles for minuits at a time. nights are the worst he hardly gets any sleep but now sleeps through the day.
He will be 17 in may he had a stroke last year has had a heart condition for the past 5 years has chronic arthritis. Also he takes meds for liver and kidney function. He has cataracts and is partially deaf.
Because of all his other meds, 7 a day in all the vet won't give him anything for the alzheimer's
His condition will get worse i know but as long as he enjoys his life and doesn't suffer i refuse to give up on him. View attachment 323173
I doubt that he would give up on you, so only fair really.

Seriously though, I agree with you 100%, his quality of life is what counts and you obviously do all you can for him.

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
Charley girl will be coming to the pub for our nightcap later. Thursdays are special because she gets to see Uncle Ted when he's finished Morris practice with the other merry men. I let her potter around as they come in and she checks them off one by one until Ted arrives, then she goes into ecstasies of tail wiggling excitement and usually spends the rest of the evening sitting next to him on one of the settles. Ted is the brother in law of her previous owner and "family" as far as she's concerned. Last time she saw the actual owner she didn't want to know him! Dogs can be pretty astute judges of character.

Charley girl will be coming to the pub for our nightcap later. Thursdays are special because she gets to see Uncle Ted when he's finished Morris practice with the other merry men. I let her potter around as they come in and she checks them off one by one until Ted arrives, then she goes into ecstasies of tail wiggling excitement and usually spends the rest of the evening sitting next to him on one of the settles. Ted is the brother in law of her previous owner and "family" as far as she's concerned. Last time she saw the actual owner she didn't want to know him! Dogs can be pretty astute judges of character.
You can't fool a dog if they love you then it's life long. Mistreat them then again you will be ignored for a lifetime. Obviously Uncle Ted showed Charley girl love when it was in short supply,so enjoy your nightcap while Charley girl catches up with Uncle Ted and his exploits as a Morris dancer, Ted might be the only Morris dancer she knows and enjoys his tales of dressing up and prancing around with other men.

The latest addition, removed from a potential life as a puppy machine. She is quite underweight, she’s 2.5 kilos.....she is thin enough that you can feel her microchip. Technically l am fostering her but l don’t think she’ll be going anywhere, she’s one of those who has stolen my heart. She may be small but she’s a plucky little thing, happy to go walking even in the blizzard that we had last night.....she wore 3 coats to keep her warm.
84B09FDA-2ADC-4D21-9E63-FCDB6B2FADEB.jpeg

Rod924

LE
Kit Reviewer
Now this is a gleaming coat; Jock ADH FOMO & loud barking mentalist
20180301_211650-979x1305.jpg

Rod924

LE
Kit Reviewer
@pooky - Three coats? The coats must have weighed more than she does!!

More creatures
More snow

DSC00017.JPG