ARRSE Kennel Club - A Dog Owners Thread

Little man intrigued by the camera. Big Girl looking on to see what's caught his attention.

P8052081.JPG

Good on your Boy, Pauldon. It's a bugger not being able to explain that it's temporary and he'll feel better soon.

Little man intrigued by the camera. Big Girl looking on to see what's caught his attention.

View attachment 323057

Good on your Boy, Pauldon. It's a bugger not being able to explain that it's temporary and he'll feel better soon.
Thank you. We had what turned out to be our last Vet appointment today at 1100 (GMT) his Vet is extremely happy with his progress,recovery and most importantly his weight,that we have managed to keep current. Just need to lose 500g to get to his natural weight. Even better news the Cisapride medication will be charged at cost plus the cost of 1 prescription (valid for 6 months) also can move from every 8 hours to every 12 hours. All in all his medication is to cost less than a cup of coffee (Starbucks/Costa price) got to be honest I have struck Gold with this Vet and I will always be greatful for their care of my boy,plus the compassion the whole surgery have shown to me. Next week I can drive his car and go to the beach with him as he knows I have missed him taking me out.
We really do not know how much we really love our friends/Fur family untill we nearly lose them. So here is too all who are owned by a faithful fur friend/mate/wingman-woman/son/daughter. Treasure the time they let you spend with them,they give so much more than another human could ever do.
Thank you all from Cpl Warwick Bartholomew and myself

Thank you. We had what turned out to be our last Vet appointment today at 1100 (GMT) his Vet is extremely happy with his progress,recovery and most importantly his weight,that we have managed to keep current. Just need to lose 500g to get to his natural weight. Even better news the Cisapride medication will be charged at cost plus the cost of 1 prescription (valid for 6 months) also can move from every 8 hours to every 12 hours. All in all his medication is to cost less than a cup of coffee (Starbucks/Costa price) got to be honest I have struck Gold with this Vet and I will always be greatful for their care of my boy,plus the compassion the whole surgery have shown to me. Next week I can drive his car and go to the beach with him as he knows I have missed him taking me out.
We really do not know how much we really love our friends/Fur family untill we nearly lose them. So here is too all who are owned by a faithful fur friend/mate/wingman-woman/son/daughter. Treasure the time they let you spend with them,they give so much more than another human could ever do.
Thank you all from Cpl Warwick Bartholomew and myself
Great news and well said too.

Precisely. Trying to get my business partner to ban squalling brats and allow dogs but he's a granddad and not taking the bait. I get to take my guys along but it would be great with more of houndkind there to give the place some class.

One of our local pubs is hound friendly, the landlady says that she loves dogs in pubs as they make it feel more "homely". They also have a roaring log fire and you can sit by it with your hound on the sofa next to you. Not bad for NW London!

One of our local pubs is hound friendly, the landlady says that she loves dogs in pubs as they make it feel more "homely". They also have a roaring log fire and you can sit by it with your hound on the sofa next to you. Not bad for NW London!
Not many (sadly) like that anymore. In my area it's mainly 'Spoons' (choice of 4) or Hippster types. Have to travel a fair few miles to find a decent pub,public transport is a joke (They don't like Dogs on-board unless assistance dogs etc) Taxis are the same. That only leaves the car,not a great idea to drink&drive for obvious reasons (apart from spilling it,before anyone says that) as only an idiot would drink drive. So you end up never going to the pub. My lad has only ever been allowed to sit outside,as he isn't welcome then they do not get my patronage either. Your very lucky to have a decent pub and especially in NW London. I hope you don't get pssid and embarrass your pooch

Not many (sadly) like that anymore. In my area it's mainly 'Spoons' (choice of 4) or Hippster types. Have to travel a fair few miles to find a decent pub,public transport is a joke (They don't like Dogs on-board unless assistance dogs etc) Taxis are the same. That only leaves the car,not a great idea to drink&drive for obvious reasons (apart from spilling it,before anyone says that) as only an idiot would drink drive. So you end up never going to the pub. My lad has only ever been allowed to sit outside,as he isn't welcome then they do not get my patronage either. Your very lucky to have a decent pub and especially in NW London. I hope you don't get pssid and embarrass your pooch
We have never embarrassed our pooches, they on the other hand have put their paws on the bar and managed a1/3 of a pint before being spotted, bitter only never lager!
Our record for dogs in the pub is five, three greys and two labs. The landlady loved it, she brought her lab out to join the pack. The other punters were not so impressed....

We have never embarrassed our pooches, they on the other hand have put their paws on the bar and managed a1/3 of a pint before being spotted, bitter only never lager!
Our record for dogs in the pub is five, three greys and two labs. The landlady loved it, she brought her lab out to join the pack. The other punters were not so impressed....
Well if the punters are not impressed then they can find another pub. They are the types who only buy 1 pint and make it last all night. As they moan how pubs are not what they used to be after Dogs had been let in.
Cpl Warwick Bartholomew is a John Smith extra smooth man,not these arty farty coloured waters disguised as 'Lager'
Have a virtual Beer on Cpl Warwick Bartholomew & me (the pooches obviously, but as you go with them you better have a half)
All the best

Roll on Summertime! Best ever thing, a nice walk with the dog, and a contemplative hour with a pint in a beer garden. Or even better, a beer in the garden with friends and dogs.
Lovely!

Pubs are a better place for having dogs in them. Their presence breaks down barriers, encourages people to talk more and make them nicer places to be.
Couldn't agree more!

Have to travel a fair few miles to find a decent pub,public transport is a joke (They don't like Dogs on-board unless assistance dogs etc) Taxis are the same.
Where are you? Never had any issues on train or Bus with the Dogs. In fact free on train, bus and ferry in Merseyside.
Lily gets a taxi a couple of times a week as When I am on earlys I walk her to the train station to meet the wife and we get a cab back.

Merlin and Elke enjoying some jazz in the snug.

P5122009.JPG

Agree re having loads of hounds in the pub. Business partner is worried about kids getting hurt but I say ban the little bastards if they can't behave. It'll also keep the riff raff out who can't control their brats. My guys love the attention and will push in to get the ear rubs and tummy tickles. Big Girl will give you a slobbery lick if you get your face in range.

Where are you? Never had any issues on train or Bus with the Dogs. In fact free on train, bus and ferry in Merseyside.
Lily gets a taxi a couple of times a week as When I am on earlys I walk her to the train station to meet the wife and we get a cab back.
Norwich known as a 'Fine City' unless your a dog or owned by a dog. Norwich covers a large area over several miles. Most people think Norwich is just the City Centre. Our Transport system outside the City Centre area seems to shut down around 2000 hrs,Taxis are not very keen on dogs as passengers those that do (very limited) charge a premium to cover cleaning. I mean who wants to get a single dog hair on their £250 ripped jeans ?
Only upside is the amount of wooded areas/parks and beaches within car travel distance. Then if your Single and have a dog and fancy a couple of beers (other beverages available) with your best mate,then your out of luck

Sadly can only take one of our hounds into pub now.

Older one getting more and more grumpy barky and growly with other dogs, which is a shame.
Just like us Then,we can't stand screaming kids in pubs so your older one is just that Older. Maybe a somepoint a cheeky pint might be on the agenda or then again maybe not

Teddy has now been diagnosed with Alzheimer's to add to his ever increasing list of ailments. He has trouble settling and walks in circles for minuits at a time. nights are the worst he hardly gets any sleep but now sleeps through the day.
He will be 17 in may he had a stroke last year has had a heart condition for the past 5 years has chronic arthritis. Also he takes meds for liver and kidney function. He has cataracts and is partially deaf.
Because of all his other meds, 7 a day in all the vet won't give him anything for the alzheimer's
His condition will get worse i know but as long as he enjoys his life and doesn't suffer i refuse to give up on him.
27750842_10156055105413959_226298424344938736_n.jpg

Good man. As long as he has his family around he's a happy Boy so hang in there. We don't get enough time with them and the time we do get can't have a value placed on it.

Older one getting more and more grumpy barky and growly with other dogs, which is a shame.
You are talking about the dog?