ARRSE Kennel Club - A Dog Owners Thread

Sit with him, be quiet and talk to him so he gets used to your voice and your scent.

And if he carries on as he is, he'll get used to the taste of your blood as well. ;)

20220513_080718.jpg

Just loving Life

Well that was strange.
Yesterday evening a group of lads appeared on the doorstep. With them was an elderly black male greyhound, they had apparently found it and borrowed a lead from a local dog owner. They knew that we had greys and thought that we would know what to do with it.
Of course there was no tag on the collar so I took it to the local vet and left my details, they will be in touch later today if the old boy is chipped, if not or the owner doesn't want him we may well keep him, or see if a friend who always has elderly greys would like him.
I have spoken to the local dog warden and he seems happy with the plan.

Update to my last.
Contacted the vet, thanks for not letting me know, but it seems the owners details on the chip were up to date and he was collected by them during the night.
Can't stop smiling.

I still have a picture some years back of her hauling “sticks” about twenty times the lengths of that one.Good old girl

She used to be a bugger for ripping up Saplings, there's a couple on the back field that I replanted at least 20 times.

Grownup_Rafbrat

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Sad news today. One of our grand-dogs is looking for a new home. His owner has Parkinsons, which we knew, but now his wife has left and he can't cope with disease, disabled parents and dog. It's heartbreaking. The bloke's in bits. The dog is lovely, but at 18 months still boisterous.

Sad news today. One of our grand-dogs is looking for a new home. His owner has Parkinsons, which we knew, but now his wife has left and he can't cope with disease, disabled parents and dog. It's heartbreaking. The bloke's in bits. The dog is lovely, but at 18 months still boisterous.
Hopefully you can sort something for him.

Has the owner tried the Cinnamon Trust? They may be able to help with exercising or even some 'respite' time.

Grownup_Rafbrat

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Hopefully you can sort something for him.

Has the owner tried the Cinnamon Trust? They may be able to help with exercising or even some 'respite' time.
Thanks for the tip. I'll pass that on.

What really angers me is the lack of 'care' available for his parents because where they all live is too rural.

theinventor

War Hero
Anyone got a recommendation for a truly indestructible dog bed? Our ypung girl Dane seems to be determined to dismantle whatever we give her to sleep on...
20220517_190410.jpg

Snookie

Old-Salt
That’s so sad, what breed of dog?

endure

GCM
I was sitting in the local coffee shop on Sunday and a bloke came in with a Shiba Inu.

I've heard that they are supposed to be cat like and this one certainly was. Its owner was stroking it and cooing at it and it ignored him, and everybody else, completely.

Got to admit it was a stunning little thing though.

Grownup_Rafbrat

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor

Latest Threads